What did you do to your CC today?!

Anything related to the 206CC
Rubyoptics

What did you do to your CC today?!

Post by Rubyoptics »

So i've seen this type of thread on numerous other car related forums and thought it could be a bit of a laugh if we had one here as well!

So, to start, today I replaced the boot and glovebox W5W bulbs with LED replacements so I can actually see the rubbish I have stored in there. I also ordered a new interior light housing as the current one is discoloured and looks tatty and naff. Whilst ordering those, I also ordered a set of trim removal tools for the princely sum of 50p including P+P :D
2003 2.0. Dyno'd @ 134BHP. 2.5" full stainless exhaust system, lexus style rear lights, LED sidelights and interiors. Latest mod - Full stainless steel Group N gear linkages.

Capncol

Re: What did you do to your CC today?!

Post by Capncol »

All I did today was move it out the way of my car :rotfl:
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

Rubyoptics

Post by Rubyoptics »

Off to the petrol station again Col??!! :Yes:
2003 2.0. Dyno'd @ 134BHP. 2.5" full stainless exhaust system, lexus style rear lights, LED sidelights and interiors. Latest mod - Full stainless steel Group N gear linkages.

ianP

Post by ianP »

Took her out for a run to watch a soap-box derby on Saturday.

A couple of hours motorway driving did her good given she only gets used on short journeys these days.
2005 206cc 1.6 HDi FAP, 2014 2008 1.6 e-HDi, 1989 205GTI 1.6

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Rubyoptics wrote:Off to the petrol station again Col??!! :Yes:
:lol: Yep always(for ML 4.3l)
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.

Rubyoptics

Post by Rubyoptics »

I love the C3's, one of the all time greats of American automotive design imo, but my knowledge, driving skill ( always trying to improve both) and quite frankly my wallet prohibited any idea of one for the time being!

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

C3 has chassis out at the moment.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

steve747

Post by steve747 »

Hi
Im in the middle of removing the Thottle sensor, as im getting the engine management light on with Error code P0121 which is the sensor faulty as i understand it. Also THE ANTIPOLUTION FAULT comes up on the dash ,so im going to see if i can test the throttle sensor by meter.

steve747 :big-grin:

Rubyoptics

Post by Rubyoptics »

Sounds fun Steve ;) As for me, the replacement interior light arrived this morning, so gave that a bit of a clean up and replaced the existing one. It looks a lok better but has become a bit 'dull' if that makes any sense? It's lacking the shiny finish of the existing one even thought it's a lot cleaner. May give the toothpaste and clear-coat trick a go and see how it turns out!

Rubyoptics

Post by Rubyoptics »

Well, today I stood by the side of the road waiting for my girlfriend to tow me home after snapping my gear linkage. Happy I am not.

Rubyoptics

Post by Rubyoptics »

She lives! Back from the garage and purring like a kitten!

Rubyoptics

Post by Rubyoptics »

On the advice of Edward from 206info, I checked my air box only to find

This was swiftly removed, the air box was also removed, cleaned and treated with plastic preservative before being correctly seated into the air intake hose opening and correctly fastened into place
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

IanL

Post by IanL »

Rubyoptics wrote:On the advice of Edward from 206info, I checked my air box only to find
:hmm:

You forgot to show (or say) what you found :)

Rubyoptics

Post by Rubyoptics »

Sorry, poor editing with the photos. The bottom picture shows that my air box was sitting too high and was also held in place with cable ties rather than being mounted correctly.

Rubyoptics

Post by Rubyoptics »

Booked it in for a full Peugeot service. Currently in my third hour of queuing for my registration documents.