lexia and pp2000

Anything related to the 206CC
sirdmark

lexia and pp2000

Post by sirdmark »

Hello everyone,
I don't know if I am in the right spot here but I just give it a go. Got my lexia, dusted my sony vaio off, which runs XP, last updated September 2013 on service pack 3 and tried to run the cd with pp2000. First it stopped with, "wrong installer" at 48 %, after some cleaning and more trial and error I have it to 64% but this is it. Is anyone here near Lancaster to help? I think the cd might have been damaged during postage. Luke
206ccAllure,1.6ltrpetrol,03plate

Spitfire6

Re: lexia and pp2000

Post by Spitfire6 »

I'm in Burnley.
What help do you need?
Peugeot 206 CC 2L 16V 4cyl 2002. QX 3 5W40 Oil. Lamps 80% LED. 5% HID.
Triumph GT6 CC 2L5 12V 6Cyl 1972. QX 3 5W40 Oil. Lamps 98% LED.
G6SBH.
Siemens Controls & SW Engineer.

sirdmark

Post by sirdmark »

Hello Spitfire6,
my favourite team in Fantasy football, Burnley. I have three of their players and am doing quite well this season. Sorry for the late answer. I am single dad of two boys, so weekend is always very busy and on top of it, eldest one has his first confirmed c-19 case in school. That means I had some worst case scenario preparations on hand. But we have been lucky so far.
I am thinking along the lines of trying to get another copy of the cd as the improved rate of installation is a clear sign of damage. If it would be a software fault it is unlikely to change but would do the same thing over and over. And anyway it would be great to see it working in a proven environment.
Burnley is still a big jump but I could manage to come up there if you would be ok with it and we find a mutual fitting date.
What do you think?

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

I've got an iso image of PP2000 .. might be an old version, but I have used it for a few years (not recently I admit as the main recipient of all its attention was the daughter's CC which we sold a few years ago). Now if I can get it to burn to CD/DVD I could send you a copy ..

I downloaded my copy many years ago from peugeotforums .. and as long as you don't let it try to update via the 'tinterweb it worked fine.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

sirdmark

Post by sirdmark »

Hello gazza82,
I have sent you a pm.
Luke

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

PM returned .. I have an idea .. :-)
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

sirdmark

Post by sirdmark »

Thank you. Worked very well. Did recognize the lexia3 as well after installing the driver from the damage dvd. Just one problem remains. I have sent you a pm. Luke

Spitfire6

Post by Spitfire6 »

Hi,
Sorry for late respose.
I do not have the files on a CD, just the files stored on the cloud.
Can you not copy the files from CD to HD?
Peugeot 206 CC 2L 16V 4cyl 2002. QX 3 5W40 Oil. Lamps 80% LED. 5% HID.
Triumph GT6 CC 2L5 12V 6Cyl 1972. QX 3 5W40 Oil. Lamps 98% LED.
G6SBH.
Siemens Controls & SW Engineer.

sirdmark

Post by sirdmark »

Hello spitfire,
I have sent you a PM.

sirdmark

Post by sirdmark »

What a nightmare that was. Thanks for all the attempts to help. Couldn't get the other versions running so I reverted to my damaged dvd and did the repair job with descrambling it bitwise and burning a new iso. Took eight hours but worked in the end. After I managed to install, I fell foul of the error 0, not activating message because of the deactivated network card, which added another six hours of headache until solved. Now I am installing diagbox 7.01 and waiting what comes up next. Can't be that easy, can it. It works, hallelujah. To dark now to try it out in the car. Tomorrow morning.

The radio has arrived finally. Is there a pp-t40 to can RX/TX adapter or anything that connects to a box or converter to make the steering wheel and the pp-t40 work with android radios?

IanL

Post by IanL »

sirdmark wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:18 pm .... and did the repair job with descrambling it bitwise and burning a new iso.,,,,
Full marks for persistence :thumbs:

Do you have a link to " descrambling it bitwise " please? I've not heard of this process and I'd like to add it to my "toolbox".

Can't help with the radio, I'm afraid. When I got my CC, I did some research, but couldn't find anything to adapt to the stalk, so I just fitted an SD card/USB CD-changer-emulator, and called it good.

sirdmark

Post by sirdmark »

Hello Ian,
It means reading the bad sectors bit by bit and with the help of some glorious "guestimation" algorithms fix the missing ones. Read it over and over again, until it makes sense. First step is always hand warm water and some washing up liquid to make the surface as readable as possible.

I had it running this morning and all went well apart from the laptop battery. It was good enough for inside to keep the current but outside it only lasted three minutes. No particular wonder after three + years in a drawer. So I had to find a long enough extension lead, found it in the shoe shelf, take the power supply in the already crammed car and with the cable running through the passenger window, braved the increasingly stronger rain. After setting up the bios again, as it had forgotten the hard disc and moaned about "no operating system found" and restarting the laptop everything came to place. I am at version 7.02 now. Which is the best bet to update to?

Luke