tu5jp4 engine running rough

Anything related to the 206CC
Fihen

tu5jp4 engine running rough

Post by Fihen »

May be silly question and i apologise inadvance but does my engine have crankshaft and camahaft sensors???
My car has been off the road for the past year and iam trying to sort out a miss firing problem. I have
replaced rhe plugs, coil pack and the catalylic converter so far and although my instincts tell me to replace the fuel injectors iam holding off duing so because they appear difficult to get to without hoist.
As always any advice greatly appreciated

Fihen

Re: tu5jp4 engine running rough

Post by Fihen »

I have done a compression test and established cylinders 1 and 2 read 75 whilst 3 reads 155 and 4 170. Have ordered a head gasket and now am trying to source suitable workshop manual. Haynes Australia tell me they do not cover tu5jp4 engine. Can anyone advice of UK supplier???
Thank you
Fiona

IanL

Re: tu5jp4 engine running rough

Post by IanL »

If you want a Haynes manual, I believe the Peugeot 207 one covers the TU5JP4, but I strongly recommend the Peugeot Service Box. You can pay-to-view with Peugeot, or pay once to get it in the form of a downloadable CDROM from here.

It does not have a camshaft sensor - it sparks twice per cylinder per cycle. The spark just before TDC on the exhaust stroke has no effect.