Roof ECU/Microswitches/Relays

ONLY legal items, nothing dodgy.
Ashbash12

Re: Roof ECU/Microswitches/Relays

Post by Ashbash12 »

Hi mate, I got the first PM but as I say I am not allowed to reply as yet so if you send me another PM with PayPal address that would be great..

Thanks

Ash

Ashbash12

Post by Ashbash12 »

WEE SMURF wrote:
Ashbash12 wrote:Hi mate, Admin won't let me PM you (newbie) but that's fine give me PayPal details and I'll sort from there.

Cheers Ash
Sent you PM Ash.
Have posted again..

Manuel

Post by Manuel »

Hi Smurf
Do you have a passenger side microswitch?
I cannot PM you.
I you do Have can you PM me and let me know the price delivered to RH11
Many thanks and either way thanks for helping guys like me.

WEE SMURF

Re: Roof ECU/Microswitches/Relays/Pump/ETC

Post by WEE SMURF »

I still have most parts available for 1.6 and 2.0 folks, as well as Roof components, also have coil packs, many engine switches and components, brakes, engine mounts, gear linkages and so on. All at knock down prices and can post first class/ next day delivery. 07746930828 if you need anything urgently. :thumbs:

dbdbdb

Post by dbdbdb »

Hi WEE SMURF. I have been texting your wife as I can't PM! I would like to purchase the left and right microswitches behind the boot catches if you have them available? Would it be possible to buy them from you? If so, could you text your Paypal email address and price? Thanks, Dan

WEE SMURF

Post by WEE SMURF »

dbdbdb wrote:Hi WEE SMURF. I have been texting your wife as I can't PM! I would like to purchase the left and right microswitches behind the boot catches if you have them available? Would it be possible to buy them from you? If so, could you text your Paypal email address and price? Thanks, Dan
Hi Dan, i sent you a PM ;) .

dbdbdb

Post by dbdbdb »

Thank you. I'm still fairly new to forums and a bit of a muppet but I don't believe I can reply to your PM so here goes. Correct me if i'm wrong but... As you pull the roof switch (inside the car) the boot lifts to around 45 degrees. If you were to stop pulling the switch, it stays there. By unscrewing a couple of screws you can release the cover that travels the length of the "arm" that is holding the boot open. At the ends of the arms are the c-shaped catches that lock the boot closed. When these are closed they should activate the microswitches (one on the left hand side and one on the right). It's these two that I'm after. I believe the part numbers are 8484.84 and 8484.95 otherwise known as switches 16.

Are you with me and am I correct? :-)

dbdbdb

Post by dbdbdb »

The total length from the switch to the end of the connector is approx 5.5" if that helps?

dbdbdb

Post by dbdbdb »

Oh, and the connector is black rather than green.

WEE SMURF

Post by WEE SMURF »

Hi Dan, yep i know the ones you mean, i have those here. I take it you know for certain that those 2 switches are not operating?, there is an easy way to test them if you remove them and connect a sidelight bulb to one wire and earth the other onto a 12v battery, press the switch up and down and the bulb will flash on and off if it is operating, always worth trying as many people buy switches only to find the problem is elsewhere. Let me know and i will sort them out for you if you need them.

dbdbdb

Post by dbdbdb »

Ok. Thank you for the tip, I will remember that. The switches are in fact working but, being heavy handed and amateur, I broke one of the plastic dowels on each one trying to remove them. I think they just needed the actuator bent a little to work initially as it began as an intermittent fault that ended up being permanent. Thank you.

WEE SMURF

Post by WEE SMURF »

Dan, (trying to save you money here :) ) if its only the plastic locating pins that are broken there is also a fix for that, use a spot of superglue gel and stick the switch onto the part it sits on, hold it in place for a minute and it will be solid, the chances are there will still be a very slight bit of the pin still on the switch body to locate it in the right place, done this in the past and it worked perfectly.
Let me know how you get on and if you still need them i will send them. ;)

dbdbdb

Post by dbdbdb »

Thank you again but, yeah, I did attempt a glue repair. If I'd broken the bottom pin I think it would have been Ok but I broke the top pins. The mechanism is right behind it and I think that breaks the glue again. Whatever the reason, it was sadly unsuccessful.

WEE SMURF

Post by WEE SMURF »

Dan, if you look at this link.....
http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/repair-20 ... ak018d.gif
Are the switches you need J and E?.
If you still need them give me a call around teatime and i will sort it out for you.

dbdbdb

Post by dbdbdb »

Yes, that's the blighters! I'll try to call you tomorrow or Thursday if that's OK. Thank you.