Wind Deflector for 207 cabriolet wanted

Wanted items, again only LEGAL stuff......
kenzo

Wind Deflector for 207 cabriolet wanted

Post by kenzo »

Hi folks,
I've splashed out on a 207CC after enjoyed driving my missus' 206cc over the last few weeks.

I know it's unlikely but I thought I'd ask here....you never know. Has anyone got a GENUINE Peugeot 207CC wind deflector for sale here? Please let me know if you have, or you know someone who has.

ps... the 207cc is very nice to drive. My wife has driven it a couple of times but she still loves her 206cc more. :)
Kind regards.....
Ken

GrandadMonkey

Re: Wind Deflector for 207 cabriolet wanted

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Sorry, I don't know of a wind deflector for sale on here for the 207cc.

One of my daughters has a 207 hatchback. The 1.4 VTi. Nice enough to drive and economical but seems flimsier inside compared to our 206cc. I've had to mend window switches and cigarette lighter. She's had to sew up seat stitching that had come apart. Had to have a new radiator, and the locking wheel bolt socket broke so I replaced the locking wheel bolts with the standard non-locking ones. My daughter hasn't fallen in love with it. I've considered a 207cc to replace our 206cc but remain unconvinced. Let us know how you get on with it after a few months please.
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

tenpole

Post by tenpole »

I think peugeot failed with the 207cc. It just does not look as good.
206cc 1.6 2002 Silver.
L200 2.4 Forlife (wifes)
CB 400/4 (garaged for 15 years)

kenzo

Post by kenzo »

GrandadMonkey wrote:........ I've considered a 207cc to replace our 206cc but remain unconvinced. Let us know how you get on with it after a few months please.
Will do. Here's some comments so far.

It's a 1600 diesel (HDI) and it's very good on fuel considering the size of the car. The car feels much bigger (especially wider) than the 206cc and the driver & passenger doors are huge and heavy. The front seats aren't "bum-huggers" like the 206, this 207 driver's seat feels more like a bench-seat from a Ford Zephyr 4 Mk3. There is about as much legroom in the back of this as there is (or should I say "isn't") in the 206....it really is minimal. The driver & passenger seat height adjustment is not like the 206's pull-lever. The 207 has this idiotic "hand-pump" type of operation, slow and tiresome.
The lighting/radio/wiper stalk setup is very similar to the 206 so for me that's a bonus as I hate having to learn new tricks. Radio/CD sound seems very bass-heavy even though I've adjusted the bass/treble in all sorts of combinations...it sounds muffled to me. Nowhere near as good as the 206 sound.
My wife's 206 has cloth seats all round so I thought it was a step up to find the 207 had leather all-round. Leather seats aren't as good as they are cracked up to be......they were so cold that I splashed out on electrically-heated plug-in seat covers from Aldi. The best £9's-worth I've spent this year.
The headlights are as dim as a TOC H lamp, I'll probably get some bulb upgrades for it.
When reversing the 206, it was pretty easy to judge where the rear end finished, but it's difficult to guess where the 207 rear end is. There are parking sensors, just not working at the minute.
There are some good points too. The roof on the 207 doesn't have the two manual latches, so I won't get the scar on my head like I did when I got out of the 206 and forgot to latch the roof a few weeks ago. The 207 roof mechanism is fine, neat and efficient. With the roof closed, the 207 boot really is huge and the boot floor is contoured for a space-saver spare wheel......there are no glue guns in the 207 :)
And you can open the boot using the remote (it doesn't have a keyhole like the 206).
When I got it, I changed the air filter (hadn't been done at the recent service), and the pollen filter could have provided Porton Down labs with a challenge...that hadn't been changed....EVER ! The oil filter needs a bit of air-hose disassembly to reach but the D-I-Y video on Youtube was a great help.
To drain the oil, you need to unfasten around 10 DZUS fasteners to remove the under-engine plastic shield but it isn't difficult and replacement DZUs fasteners are about 40p each (there were four missing).
I'll be checking out the cost of installation of a tow-bar soon. Don't know whether to use the Pug dealership or to try our local Indespension company...... maybe both.
That's about it..... so far, so, erm, not bad. I'll update you in another month or so.
Kind regards....
Ken

tenpole

Post by tenpole »

A good report Kenzo. I think where they failed is by giving more boot room thereby changing the chic look. The tigra is the same, just does not look as good although I am sure it ticks the practicality boxes but then if we wanted practical ....
Last edited by tenpole on Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
206cc 1.6 2002 Silver.
L200 2.4 Forlife (wifes)
CB 400/4 (garaged for 15 years)

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Thanks Ken. Succint and informative. Well done.
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)