A Peugeot is not a boat...

Other things in here.......
djkobuki

A Peugeot is not a boat...

Post by djkobuki »

Hey guys, Greetings from Australia! Last night it rained really heavily and i accidental found my self slightly submerged in a deep puddle, and the mighty Peug stopped running. I'd say the water came up to just under the door. I still had dash lights, break down lights and the windows went up and down suggesting all hope is not lost, it just wouldn't start up. Had to get the coppers to push me out of the puddle to safety.

So what now? is it a matter of just drying it out? or would there be some serious issues that need to be fixed?
One thing is for sure, a Peugeot is not a boat...

Capncol

Re: A Peugeot is not a boat...

Post by Capncol »

Does the engine turn over when you operate the key?
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

djkobuki

Post by djkobuki »

nup, nothing happens. Still have all the lights working, just no vroom vroom..

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

You may have hydraulic'd the engine (filled it with water) as the car has a low air intake
Take the air filter out and see if it's soaking wet. If so. take the plugs out and see if it will spin over.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

djkobuki

Post by djkobuki »

I had a mechanic come and have a look-see the other day and he said the engine has seized up. He said he could try taking the starter motor off, but there's only a remote chance that the engine may start. That's a tricky and expensive under taking. At this point he thinks a write off. What do you think gang?

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Removing the starter is a waste of time plus you need it to spin the engine ... :-)

He'd have been better off removing the plugs as Capncol said and seeing it it would turn over relieving any water pressure in the process. But if it is hydro-lock, chances are you've bend a con-rod .. this one one situation where water is stringer than steel.

If it is, and you want to repair it, it's a sump off, and head-off job. Remove and replace the bent con-rod(s), replace the big-end bearings and rebuild. Or just drop a 2nd-hand engine in.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo