To be or not to be?!

Other things in here.......
Danielle

Post by Danielle »

Hi everyone.

I'm new to this site, but already I'm impressed with the information I've picked up along the way.

After much deliberation I've decided my next car will be a 206cc, but I'm a little unsure of a couple of things, so I'm throwing myself at the mercy of this forum to give me some much needed advice.

a) Which engine size suits the car best? I keep drifting from one to the other and I really can't make up my mind...does it make a difference? I will be travelling 20 miles a day in rush hour traffic so if the 2 litre engine guzzles petrol it may prove too expensive to run. But on the other hand I've been stuck in a 1.3 for so long I feel a 1.6 engine won't give me the acceleration I crave!!!

b) Is there a particular year of manufacture I should steer clear of? (Yes, I've heard the stories of leaks & faulty roofs). I know all cars can have faults, my car was bought from new & I'm on first name terms with the service dept, but is it better to buy a car with the balance of it's warranty?

As you can see I'm pretty clueless, so please, please help me!!!

Thanks, Dan. :)

Alig

Post by Alig »

Hi Dan and welcome to the site :wave:

I'm pretty new myself, so you're in good company!

Best to buy one that is within the warranty - should cover any work needed for any probs you might have.

Having not driven the 2.0 I can't comment on it, but I've come down from a 1.8 BMW to the 1.6 cc and I'm fairly impressed with it, though I do more stop/start than fast road driving. It's happy at 60, but above that its a bit strained for my liking! Fuel consumption on mine (03 model) is good - averaging 34 mpg round town and A road driving about 45 mpg. Not bad.

Probably best to test drive both engines and see what you prefer.

Good luck. :D
Ali G

Used to own a Moonstone with personal plate, bits and pieces..and littlen's car seat :-)

bif

Post by bif »

Hello and welcome.

I went from a 1.7 Puma to a 1.6 cc and I have no major gripes with the engine. I test drove the 1.6 and was happy with it and I could not justify spending more of the car and insurance to get the 2.0 litre.

I think it was the Auto Express review that said the car was more suited to the 1.6 engine, but I could be talking a load of old tosh there.

I have had my car from new (about 2 months) and I average about 39.5 mpg in a total mix of driving conditions..... and a fair few of those have been with the roof down.

Also I have had no roof or leaking problems yet (touches wood)

As AliG said it would probably be best to test drive both.

:D
http://badassbuddy.bolt.com/images/buddies/badassbuddy_com-adhd.gif

Alig

Post by Alig »

What Car? agrees...says the 1.6 is more suited too. :D

No probs with my roof either...but I'm a member of the squeaky brakes club!
Ali G

Used to own a Moonstone with personal plate, bits and pieces..and littlen's car seat :-)

Danielle

Post by Danielle »

Thanks for that advice,

I think I'm back to the 1.6 for a while! ;)

Now I just need to decide on the colour............! :D

Louisg

Post by Louisg »

I think you should get the limited edition quicksilver like me.

Louis ;)
[url=http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/newowners?id=591]Owner 591[/url]

-------------------------------------------------------
Come on you Spurs!
-------------------------------------------------------

ejbrowney

Post by ejbrowney »

ive gone from a 1.3 ford ka to a 2ltr cc lol just brought it picking it up tuesday hopefully :D:D:D cant wait!!!!!