abs/air bag faulty on comp screen

All the rejected 206CC's......
magnet

abs/air bag faulty on comp screen

Post by magnet »

Hi there, can anyone help,PLEASE???
I bought a peugot 206cc in sept.
The abs comes up as faulty then air bag faulty every time i turn ignition on.
It goes off but keeps popping up every now and then.
The dealer I bought it from is being very difficult and I want to know how it can be fixed and the cost too.
I would be very gratefull for an answer.

Thankyou
Magnet

Capncol

Re: abs/air bag faulty on comp screen

Post by Capncol »

The abs and airbag lights are supposed to come on with the ignition, and then go off after a few seconds once the self test cycles have completed. They shouls stay off for the remainder of the journey untill you next switch on ignition and the cycle repeats. This is normal, and I assume this is not what you are experiancing.

The ABS and airbag are seperate systems. Both systems depend on many sensors, triggers and associated wiring. Any one of those components could cause the light to come on, so cost wise, the answer really is "how long is a piece of string"

This could be an expensive fix, so I would firstly notify the dealer in writing as to the problems that you want fixing and send it recorded delivery, this way you have proof that the dealer has been notified within 6 months. You then need to decide to persue further or cut your losses and fix yourself, in which case you need to get the fault codes read and post here for more guidance.

See http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/viewtopic ... 18&t=13892 the last posting on 1st page give you your rights.

Also read the rejection section for more advice as to your rights and what you can do about it
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.