How long after purchase do you get to reject a car

All the rejected 206CC's......
Nang

Post by Nang »

Hi All,
looking for some help.My daughter bought a new 206cc just on 2 yrs ago,its on a 02 plate.It has been nothing but problems from day 1.It has been back to the dealer in Liverpool no less than six times but each time its gone in with more than one fault,up to 5 on one occasion.All the usual stuff, roof leaking again after 3 complaints, pads, niosy banging goin into gear etc, the list is to long for me to place here.Well she,d had enough, and made an appiontment with the service manager today and took me along.His words, the car cannot be rejected after its 3 months old.The brakes sqeeling he cant help thats a manufacturing problem and we would have to pay for the dealer to replace them.The roof bring it in in 1 wks time and we will put it right,all the other faults we will fix as well.They keep taking this car in and it keeps comin out with them saying we,ve fixed all the problems but they havent cos they keep re-occuring.She,s been fobbed off from day one and is really broken up about her dream car being an absolute nightmare.Please can anyone with some good advice tell us what our options are ? regarding rejection etc money back.Ive been reading through the forums and seen a car as old as ten months being rejected solely on the grounds of roof seals.So was this guy feeding me a line?and what advice can you offer me please

Nicck

Post by Nicck »

Sounds like a familiar story to me :rolleyes:

I used to have an 02 plate that had endless faults too - I think I took it back about 8 times in the 16 months I owned it. I too never took it back without at least 3 things for them to fix :(

I'm not sure what the law is, but I think you can only reject faulty goods within 6 or 12 months at the most so you're out of luck there.

I'd write a letter of complaint to Peugeot UK though telling them about your problems - they will be more sympathetic than your service manager. I did that and got my car 'fixed' within a couple of weeks. They also fitted the new non-squeal brake pads free of charge so don't be fobbed off!

Good luck :D
Owner 002 - Mini Corolla T Sport Club c/o the cc forum

Esselle

Post by Esselle »

I'm not sure what the law is, but I think you can only reject faulty goods within 6 or 12 months at the most so you're out of luck there.

I'd write a letter of complaint to Peugeot UK though telling them about your problems - they will be more sympathetic than your service manager. I did that and got my car 'fixed' within a couple of weeks.
Good luck :D
Solicitor told me you should never let it continue beyond 6 months...

In my experience, Peugeot UK were worse than my dealer :evil: , although they should know what is going on, along with any finance company if there is one.

Again, good luck

hardyone

Post by hardyone »

I bought a new 206 2.0 Allure end of January this year. It developed a leaking roof in first week. Garage replaced seals and it leaked again after a further week. My local Trading Standards confirmed that I was entitled to claim a new replacement under Sale of Goods Act 1979 (March 2002 amendment covers new cars), as the vehicle was less than six months old when the fault was identified. Peugeot initially refused to replace, but have now agreed to, after I wrote quoting the Act. Hopefully the new one will be better. Love the car, but not the build quality!

Esselle

Post by Esselle »

I bought a new 206 2.0 Allure end of January this year. It developed a leaking roof in first week. Garage replaced seals and it leaked again after a further week. My local Trading Standards confirmed that I was entitled to claim a new replacement under Sale of Goods Act 1979 (March 2002 amendment covers new cars), as the vehicle was less than six months old when the fault was identified. Peugeot initially refused to replace, but have now agreed to, after I wrote quoting the Act. Hopefully the new one will be better. Love the car, but not the build quality!
:evil: :evil: :evil:
After trying and failing ONCE to sort out a leaking roof???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:evil:
This has made me mad (with Peugeot, not with you - good on ya) as I (and it seems others) had a much harder time and a nightmare long fight with Peugeot! Wonder how they can be so inconsistent!