MF 04 PYW 1.6 Allure 206cc Aegean Blue

All the rejected 206CC's......
jimboi69

Post by jimboi69 »

sent the rejection letter off today-will keep you updated on progress they may not accept back, anyway probs:

1. Roof does not work needs new pump-no eta on part from factory.

2. Roof leaks unable to fix

3. Passenger side speaker faulty

4. Radio wont stay locked to any station-reverts constantly to Beacon 103.1-arrrrgh! i need Galaxy!

Except for problem 1 they all are minor niggles

so hopefully bye bye mf04pyw

bif

Post by bif »

Sorry that you have been so unlucky.

I have an 04 1.6 Allure in Blue and I love it to bits. A few little niggles but nothing really.

Good luck.
http://badassbuddy.bolt.com/images/buddies/badassbuddy_com-adhd.gif

jimboi69

Post by jimboi69 »

most of mine are niggles apart from number 1. thats well pissed me off!

bif

Post by bif »

Yes it would be too.

I'm not sure that a leaking roof is a minor niggle. I think a none leaking roof is a essential.

london-99

Post by london-99 »

I may be looking to reject my car very soon if the :mfight: can not sort out the problems on the car for the 2nd time.
How do you go about it and where do you send the letter to?
New 53 Plate allure, Blue, one of the first in the UK.
Car has been rejected.
04 plate 1.6s same spec as the Allure.
mods to date:
:Rear lex lights.
:Wind stop.

Alig

Post by Alig »

I've rejected a new car before- phoned local Trading Standards - who were most helpful about specific phrases to be used in the letter.

Something like "goods not fit for the purpose intended" - they can't argue that - a convertible that won't convert and a replacement part they cannot supply...

The letter should be written to the Sales or General Manager at the dealer where you got it from.
Ali G

Used to own a Moonstone with personal plate, bits and pieces..and littlen's car seat :-)

jimboi69

Post by jimboi69 »

if you want some advice try this template, http://www.whatcar.co.uk/advice_rights.asp
i would advise against actually sending the letter the template prints, print it out and personalise it a bit more to your situation otherwise the dealer will know you know diddly-squat and argue with you. but it is a good start.
the not fit for the purpose is a good one but a lot of ppl know that sentence now and it wears a bit thin with the dealer. -and have mastered ways of getting out of it.
try this one
the sale and supply of goods act 1982

The Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 requires traders to provide services to a proper standard of workmanship. Furthermore, if a definite completion date or a price has not been fixed then the work must be completed within a reasonable time and for a reasonable charge.

thats a good one for defective cars that parts cannot be supplied because if they could of fixed it within a few weeks i'd of kept the car and they will argue that i accepted the defect because i was willing to wait so they wont accept my rejection. but if i'm rejecting the car because of the time delay thats the paragraph i need to use, hope this helps anyone with similar probs

jimboi69

Post by jimboi69 »

london-99, when did you buy your car? if it was when 53plate came out you may be hard pressed to get a rejection-depends on your situation although i wouldnt try it without a solicitor if it was bought last september
trading standards have told me i'm gonna struggle with out one and mine only came 12th april

london-99

Post by london-99 »

Hi All
Many thanks for all the advise
I got my 53 plate allure at the end of october 2003.
Picked the car up on Tuesday and the work on the oil fault had not been done, had a go at the sale manager (they have had the car just over a week) started by going through the problems i have had with the car from new and said that i will reject the car, the sales manager said the i could not because of the car being over 6 months old. I then pointed out that under the sales of goods act, if the fault has been pointed out the them within the first 6 months and the fault had not been fixed then i have good grounds to reject the car. (the car has been to them 3 times for this fault)
I then asked for all the paper work on the jobs completed on my car and the manager wanted me to come back in 3 hours to pick them up, i said i was not going to do that i wanted them now.
He then went off to see his manager and they are going to take the car in at the end of the week to fit a new senser and if this does not fix the fault then they will fit a new computer.
Why did they not do this in the first place?
New 53 Plate allure, Blue, one of the first in the UK.
Car has been rejected.
04 plate 1.6s same spec as the Allure.
mods to date:
:Rear lex lights.
:Wind stop.

jimboi69

Post by jimboi69 »

All i'm getting out of my dealer at the moment is "were trying to assertain why the parts are taking so long"
me: "thats not the issue-i've rejected the car-replace it!"
them: "we have processes to follow mr ...." :firedevil: :censored: :censored: :censored:
i wont sware on here...................

jimboi69

Post by jimboi69 »

Ok guys listen up its offically gone so dont buy it!!!!!! its being swapped over for a new Quicksilver model on wednesday
Its up in manchester done around 2k miles,
Warranty problems
Faulty Roof-needs new pump
Dodgy stereo has its own mind
Faulty Speaker too much vibration
Drivers seat-the latch in one of the rails needs attention its broke occasionally means the drivers seat flies forward when breaking sharp
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
damage
Loadsa stone chips in the bonnet(2 many motorway miles) bout £200
1 scratched front alloy, 1Mega chipped front alloy(drivers side) £400= 2x replacement alloys
Scratch on roof-rac caused it! £380-respray needed

all in all theres around 1k worth of damage plus the roof, stereo and speaker to be fixed, if ur mad enough to buy it get a good discount
and look after it better than i did!

bif

Post by bif »

For goodness sake don't try anything daft again with the roof of yourr new cc

:rolleyes: ;)

jimboi69

Post by jimboi69 »

knowing my luck this cc's roof will be genuinely faulty!!!!

charz_luvma206cc

Post by charz_luvma206cc »

hey u lot do any of you lot know gd places 2 buy a newish 206cc o i ca swap my 1 i got now thanks.XxcharzxX

clairelovestlc

Post by clairelovestlc »

A bit late, but i thought id add my comment, my dad regected 2 mercades, he contacted top gear and they did all the work for him!
~*~Clairey Fairy~*~