Multiplex Bypass Lead

Audio Equipment, installs & Recommendations.....
MazY

Multiplex Bypass Lead

Post by MazY »

Hi,

I have searched and whilst there are several related topics, none specifically answer my questions.

I have a 206 cc (2006) and am trying to replace the factory fitted stereo and so ordered from Halfords:

Pioneer MVH-X360BT stereo
Halfords Head Adapter (ISO+PC2324)
Facia
PC99-213 Multistalk

It went for its fitting at Halfords today and, after a couple of hours, the fitter had to admit defeat and apologetically advised that we would also need a multiplex bypass lead owing to the multiplex wiring system found in some Peugeots and Citroens. They do not supply these and advised that it would have to come from a Peugeot/Citroen dealer. Off I went to my local Peugeot dealer...

At first, the guy at the dealer claimed never to have heard of such a lead. Once I advised him what it does, he said that he had heard bad things about them and so Peugeot no longer supply them. (Not sure how he can hear bad things about something he claimed not to know existed, but never mind.) He claimed that the lead effectively spikes the wiring system and can cause numerous issues such as ABS lights staying on, airbag warnings, etc. etc. and STRONGLY advised not using one.

So, after some searching, I have found a lead from a Citroen dealer with the exact part number supplied by Halfords (947528).

Has anyone else used a multiplex bypass lead and, if so, has it caused problems with other aspects of the car's wiring? From what I have read on these forums, others do replace their stereo, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it hasn't introduced other issues with the electrics.

Any help and advice would be hugely appreciated!

chrissie184

Re: Multiplex Bypass Lead

Post by chrissie184 »

Hi

I had a sony stero fitted to my car (05 model) and needed just a head adaptor and stalk/display cable. This was fitted by a friend (ironically a Halfords employee) taking about 15 mins. I have heard that Sony stereos seem to work a lot better in these cars than some other makes.

Mark & Chrissie

wales1975

Re: Multiplex Bypass Lead

Post by wales1975 »

I have fitted a Sony stereo with just a stalk adaptor and wiring loom adaptor. Had a great deal in Halfords because both the adpators were in the clearance bin for just 99p each. If I'm honest the Sony stereo fit OK, but could use a fascia adaptor if your a perfectionist.
2002 206cc 2.0SE - Manual gearbox.