CD won't eject

Audio Equipment, installs & Recommendations.....
MrTin

CD won't eject

Post by MrTin »

Hi all, radio works fine, but CD stuttered a bit, then wouldn't eject. Any suggestions?

Martin

mark farrier

Re: CD won't eject

Post by mark farrier »

Hi Martin

had same problem with mine over two years ago. Eventually managed to get CD out then inserted again,
then Donald ducked. Need to push CD up/down whilst pressing eject button...either up or down I think.
I replaced radio/CD player....no problems since. Like everything else in life they don't last forever !!!

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Have you got the old style CD player .. the one with the built-in display? We've been through two of those. both with the same CD problem .. it's got a nice Sony now with Aux and USB inputs ... ;)
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Loungelizard61

Post by Loungelizard61 »

Hi All,
I've just had this problem in my daughters car.
It is a Clarion brand radio.
I bought those U shaped Radio ejector prongs from Ebay for $5.00.... work fine,
Disconnect the radio cables and disassemble the radio unit.
-only to find that nothing is broken bent or dislodged.
There is no paper or credit cards or pizza slices inserted where they shouldn't be.
There is no loading gears stripped and all the little limit switches work fine.
I can see the gears trying to drive the loading roller, but the rubber roller seems to slip on the steel axle.
I'm 99% sure that this is the problem, But I cant confirm this as I don't have a working unit.
As you may know, another original radio from a wrecker will not be compatible, as the radio is coded to the VIN number of the car.
Anyway,...I find the aftermarket radio units too complicated and the displays very small to see.
I also want to preserve the radio controls on the steering wheel, which is a good safety feature.
So I bought an I-phone adaptor thru E-bay, that plugs into the existing CD changer input of the original radio unit.
I was a bit worried that these aftermarket units not working as they are advertised, but for $70.00, I thought it was worth a try. It arrived in the mail within 10 days to Australia.
And it turned out to work absolutely great!!!
It is mounted in the glove box so it is not a driving distraction, and charges the phone and plays all the music that you want from a solid state device with no moving parts!
All the controls still work, and the car looks stock standard.
Go to incarconnections , a company in the UK,
and select the unit that suits your phone.