New connects 2 adaptor review

Audio Equipment, installs & Recommendations.....
Martinrushden

New connects 2 adaptor review

Post by Martinrushden »

Decided to fit my sony stereo,for ease and getting correct lead and steering control adaptor i went to hellfrauds,they stock the new connects 2 lead for peugeot ,there are 2 options depending on non canbus or canbus,my 2003 is non canbus so got the ctspg006 which comes with universal wire to connect the steering wheel controls,took less than 10 mins to remove old head unit and install new adaptor loom and stereo.
Checked it all to work with ignition operation and is perfect,so if you are thinking off changing head unit its worth the money to buy this adaptor loom.
206cc 2.0i allure 53plate.

MartinMax

Re: New connects 2 adaptor review

Post by MartinMax »

Hi,
can you provide some links to the adaptor?
---------------------------
2001 206cc 2.0 S16
Silver with matte black accents...

rhume

Re: New connects 2 adaptor review

Post by rhume »

Have just done this same job. When I bought the car it had a Sony stereo ( MEX-N4100BT) fitted but the steering wheel controls did not work.

Purchased the connect unit linked here.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DS-PG006-Ste ... 2749.l2649

Fitting was straightforward but there is a lot of wiring to fit back in so you have to be carefull how you put it all back into the aperture. One slight confusion is that the permanent and switched lives are red and yellow. On my set up the two plugs had them in the opposite parts of the plug so red became yellow and yellow became red :hmm:

Works great. :big-grin:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I find myself the owner of 2 silver Peugeots: 206cc Allure and a 4007 (7 seat 4x4)