steering issues

All your 206cc Meetings in here please
emmababes66

steering issues

Post by emmababes66 »

i have my car up for sale and a guy test drove it tonight and said the steering is very stiff concidering it's got power steering think this may of put him off concidering his car has power steering with low profile tyres like mine any idea's what the problem may be

Enright

Re: steering issues

Post by Enright »

Low tyre pressures? Low PAS fluid level? Total wimp of a driver?
BCingU,
Neil. ;)

Mine: Daily driver; Mk2 MG ZS+ (TD). Current projects; 2 x Lotus Elan SE Turbos
Previous project: 56 plate 206 CC 1.6 Sport (with added Allure!)

emmababes66

Post by emmababes66 »

more of a fussy MALE driver lol he said it's a womans kinda car hmmmm tyre pressure is fine 32 all rouns and the pas fluid i wouldnt have a clue were to find this and thanks for your reply

Enright

Post by Enright »

Does it feel OK to you? Might be worth getting a second opinion. Doesn't sound like anything's wrong to me - he was probably just finding excuses.
BCingU,
Neil. ;)

Mine: Daily driver; Mk2 MG ZS+ (TD). Current projects; 2 x Lotus Elan SE Turbos
Previous project: 56 plate 206 CC 1.6 Sport (with added Allure!)

emmababes66

Post by emmababes66 »

when i 1st bought the car i thought the steering seemed stiff so i took it to kwik fit and the MOT tester guy checked it and said there was nothing wrong with the steering there was a small oil leak coming from the front drivers side i took this to a local garage and it was the drive shaft seals as there had been a new clutch put in before i bought the car but they used the old seals hence why they were leaking . im planing on taking it to another garage just to check so i can be sure there is no problem with the steering . also can you tell me do the aerial on these cars screw on or just push on ive snapped my aerial when i put my roof up and lost all radio channels but cant seem to get the old aerial off