speedo problem

All your 206cc Meetings in here please
Paulw

speedo problem

Post by Paulw »

Hi, I have an 02 registered 206cc and the speedo will suddenly stop working, needle drops to zero, everything else works when this happens, just not the speedo. It will stay like that for somwtimwes a few seconds sometimes a minute or so and then suddenly starts working again. Anyone else had similar or ideas on what it could be. There are also other problems like the airbag fault warning light will suddenly come on and stay on until I stop the car and then not come on when the car is next used also when the car hasn't bween used for a time and it is cold and damp weather the cat warning lights come on and sometimes can stay on for a couple of days.. French electrics! Thanks Paul

gazza82

Re: speedo problem

Post by gazza82 »

Tried search on here? I'm sure it's been discussed before .. also search on 206info.co.uk - it's bound to have been there as that one covers all the 206 models, not just CC. Pretty sure it's a fairly common problem.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

MartinMax

Post by MartinMax »

.This is a fairly common problem, the step motors in the instruments fail.
Luckily they are relatively cheap to replace. I paid 15EUR for the works and 2x 10EUR for the step motors to a local shop to replace both the speedo (failed) and rev-counter (failing).
The dude even threw in a replacement of the blown bulbs on the dash :-)

But having this problem together with other lights might indicate issues with the connector of the dashboard being corroded or dirty. The bad thing is that the dash will have to come out.
---------------------------
2001 206cc 2.0 S16
Silver with matte black accents...

Paulw

Post by Paulw »

Thanks both, will try and get dashboard out when I have time. Not critical ptrovided the other warning lights don,t decide to pop up at MOT time.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Worth checking the speedo drive. Other issues CAN be a failing battery
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.