FINALLY! It's here.. Half Life 2!!!

nonsense and other stuff - Don't enter if easily offended !!!!!
MattB
Site Admin

Post by MattB »

Only 18 months or so late, but today HL2 is available to Steam members (oh, me!)

Played about an hour this morning and absolutely in love with it. Could play it forever if I didn't have a house to rebuild ;) Grapics are astounding, gameplay is fantastic and the physics engine is stunning. Spent about 30 mins trying to build an elaborate tower of boxes & barrles to jump over a gate, then realised I just had to open it ;)

And amazingly enough it runs fairly well on my old machine - P4 1.5GHz, 768Mb RAM and ATI Radeon 8500 Gfx card.

I have no doubt this will win game of the month/year/millenium...

Get playing!

Lyndon
Site Admin

Post by Lyndon »

:evil: my copy hasn't arrived from play.com yet :evil:

maybe 2moro :D
Webmaster and Admin - http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk

MattB
Site Admin

Post by MattB »

When I've got a few minutes I'll figure out how to get it running in the Arcade section ;)

Dan

Post by Dan »

i lost interest in it ages ago

CoolChick

Post by CoolChick »

I prefer to play games on the PS2. I love Tony Hawks - bit disappointed with the the new one though - bit same old same old. But I can still whoop my 16 year old sons ass though in graffiti!

Very impressed with Grand Theft Auto, San Andreas as well. Well worth the wait.

And yes - I am over 40 and yes - I love playing on the PS2. I'm a big kid see :lol:
Owner 585
Hanging on to my youth by the skin of my teeth

Frosty

Post by Frosty »

I played for about an hour last night as it went active here about 1900Hrs local time Tuesday evening. The graphics and physics engine as you say are amazing. I stopped last night when I got stuck. I'm at a point in the sewers where you're in front of water with a rotating "stirrer" and a grate the other side of it I can't seem to get through. Any ideas?

One concern I have with Steam is what happens if in the unlikely event I lose my cable connection? Seems that before it will luanch it has to be validated by Steam and that requires an internet connection?
Cheers

Frosty

Lyndon
Site Admin

Post by Lyndon »

bloody good game and about time too :) :) :)

looks so ggggggoooooooooddddddd on a nvidia 6800gt 256mb 8)

just spend a few mins just throwing stuff around :)
Webmaster and Admin - http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk

Frosty

Post by Frosty »

Worked out where I was stuck. Am so enjoying it!!!!
Cheers

Frosty

TheMinel

Post by TheMinel »

I played for about an hour last night as it went active here about 1900Hrs local time Tuesday evening. The graphics and physics engine as you say are amazing. I stopped last night when I got stuck. I'm at a point in the sewers where you're in front of water with a rotating "stirrer" and a grate the other side of it I can't seem to get through. Any ideas?

One concern I have with Steam is what happens if in the unlikely event I lose my cable connection? Seems that before it will luanch it has to be validated by Steam and that requires an internet connection?
1st question: you need to dive deep and go through the underwater tunnel ;)

2nd question: you only need to verify it the very first time you start it. Next time you can just start Steam in offline mode and play it that way
[url=http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/newowners?id=364]Owner 364[/url]
Mods to date: chrome hoops chrome gear shift surround, Ecosse lexus lights, SP lower grille, chrome washers, EBC greenstuff Brake Pads, clear fog light, Cadamuro Design Back Spoiler, Front Corner Splitters, colour coded bumpers and sides. CAR SOLD
Now: Azure 350Z

TheMinel

Post by TheMinel »

by the way the game is amazing!
[url=http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/newowners?id=364]Owner 364[/url]
Mods to date: chrome hoops chrome gear shift surround, Ecosse lexus lights, SP lower grille, chrome washers, EBC greenstuff Brake Pads, clear fog light, Cadamuro Design Back Spoiler, Front Corner Splitters, colour coded bumpers and sides. CAR SOLD
Now: Azure 350Z

Frosty

Post by Frosty »

Thank you - got it! Also thanks for the offline play info. Yes, the game is amazing. It's Friday and I can assure you I'll be on it all night tonight!
Cheers

Frosty