Window issues

Electrical 206CC problems
Mouth2020

Window issues

Post by Mouth2020 »

I’ve just bought a 2006 Peugeot 206 with an electric hard top. It has a few issues which I’m working through, I the roof wasn’t working but this turned out to be a faulty micro switch on the drivers side.

The issue I’m having right now is weird, the window switches weren’t working properly in that the passengers side worked fine and the drivers side did nothing. There was also a spare new looking switch supplied with the car.

When I put the new switch in, both windows will go up (the switch markings are opposite to the one that was in the car) but the switches operate backward ie pushing the switch down raises the window and pulling lowers. Also with this switch connected when the ignition is first turned on all windows lower!

The original switch I took apart to inspect and found carbon on one of the contacts, I cleaned the contact but it is quite damaged. Now putting that switch in again the passengers side works fine as it was doing and the drivers side will go down no matter which way the switch is pulled/pushed.

Have I got 2 dodgy switches or is there something I’m missing here like the window needs setting up electronically or something?

Cheers for any help you can give!

gazza82

Re: Window issues

Post by gazza82 »

Wonder if there are two switches? For older pre-plex and later Multiplex cars?? As a 2006 you would probably need the later switch unit.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

IanL

Post by IanL »

There is only one window control panel for RHD with manual foldback mirrors. I understand all 206cc are multiplexed.

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

IanL wrote:There is only one window control panel for RHD with manual foldback mirrors. I understand all 206cc are multiplexed.
Our 2001 definitely wasn't ... they would have come in 2002 or later though.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Mouth2020

Post by Mouth2020 »

Thanks guys, I managed to get the original switch working again by rebuilding the contact pad in the circuit board that had burnt away so all good now.