central locking, door lock

Electrical 206CC problems
wonk

central locking, door lock

Post by wonk »

Hi,
the central locking off my car SOMETIMES does not work, but I succeed with second try anyway. It's worse, that the rear left door is generally not closed. I do not hear/ feel any attempt of the lock motor. Pulling the door knob, all doors are opened by the central locking.
I tried with contact-spray in the cable connection to the door, that did not work.
After fitting-out the door lock I found out: the contact in the lock (wiringplan 1,3) ist always closed, even whern pressing any levers of the lock. When opening/ shutting the central locking, I get a current pulse on 3 or 4. I think, the cables to the door must be ok.
Can I learn from this informations, that the doorlock with the motor is defect? A new one cost over 100€ and I do not want to buy it only suspecting the error there. The car is from 2006.
Gruss, wonk

IanL

Re: central locking, door lock

Post by IanL »

The door closed switch should be worked by the locking arm which is visible on the end of the door. You can move it to the closed position with a screwdriver, but remember to open it again before trying to shut the door!

I think if you find that the switch is not opening when it should, you will need a replacement lock unit. I would try to get one from a car breaker (scrap yard).

wonk

Re: central locking, door lock

Post by wonk »

Hi,
the switch worked as you told. But the motor ist defekt, its black inside (I parted the mechanical lock part from the electric and opened the electric with a saw). I have to buy a new lock with motor. Anyway, you can use the mechanical part allone, if you forget the central locking and alway open the door from inside.
Gruss, wonk