Confusing codes

Electrical 206CC problems
Slo

Confusing codes

Post by Slo »

Hi guys it's been a while,

I never thought i'd get another one of these cars but they are so cheap now its hard to say no. When I first got the car 2 years ago it had the eml light on and after clearing the codes its never been back on since. To this day I get no warning lights (except for the initial check at switch on) or beeps whatsoever and the car runs and drives perfectly and everything works fine however if I do a scan I keep getting 3 codes show up...

1.P0500 Speed sensor
2.P0711: Transmission fluid temperature sensor A circuit range/performance
3.P1B00 Manufacturer Control

I can live with all this since nothing seems to be affecting it but number 2 puzzles me as its a manual box and as far as I know it doesn't have a gearbox temperature switch.

Can anyone shed any light?

The only thing I have done to the car is remove the original radio which I suspect is something to do with code 1 and 3 :scratch:
2003 03'reg Peugeot 206cc 1997cc Manual

Slo

Re: Confusing codes

Post by Slo »

Don't all shout at once, No one?

After all these years of working on and owning these cars no one's come across this?

Does the manual box have a temperature switch?

IanL

Post by IanL »

Just a guess, but you may have a software bug in the electronics (BSI?). Have you tried a BSI reboot?

It's probably not worth reprogramming it to try to clear the issues, but that would be the way to address it.

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Slo wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:55 amDoes the manual box have a temperature switch?
As far as I know, no. Manual box doesn't use one.

What are you using to read the codes? Some code readers don't work 100% and you can get different results from different readers on same car.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Slo

Post by Slo »

Thanks for the replies, ive tried pp2k on a laptop and a £9 chinese code reader and both coming up with the same. Im pretty sure the speedo and control codes are to do with removing the radio and not telling the bsi because I did this with my last car and read about similar issues but hey maybe it is a bug in the software. Its a weird one though eh. The speedo code has dissappeared now as well just getting the other two.

Cheers

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

My 2002 hatchback constantly bleeped at me when I took the radio out .. only changing the settings in PP2k stopped that but it didn't throw any codes .. none I found.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo