Plugs & Coil

Electrical 206CC problems
Claudia cc

Plugs & Coil

Post by Claudia cc »

Hello,
Advice needed on which Plugs & Coil pack combination needed to replace with please, The old girl is poorly today with "P0303" on Planet,
54 reg 2ltr.
Thank you,
C Coop's..

Oh also, what spark plug socket do i need in this engine?

gazza82

Re: Plugs & Coil

Post by gazza82 »

Bosch plugs .. I fitted Super 4s to ours and it was so much better. Just avoid NGK plugs and you can use any coil pack. I fitted one off a 138hp GTi (same engine) but can't remember the make (wasn't sagem .. I'd remember that!)
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Claudia cc

Post by Claudia cc »

Thanks Gazza, would that be the 'FR78X' (£3.05 each at GSF) (Peugeot Plugs £4.00+vat)
Whats the recommended Coil Pack to go for? (Peugeot £104+vat)
There seem to be loads of them from £40 odd up to £150...
Thank you..

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

FR78X is what I fitted.

I got my coilpack second hand and several years agos so can't quote on prices/makes. Try the forum's Search function
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

vknight

re;no negative at injectors no flickering pulses

Post by vknight »

hello,i have just noticed my pug 206cc 2.0cc 2003 injectors are not pulsing with a test lamp pushed into each wire at the connectors.both wires light up my test lamp on each injector,engine lacks power with slightly un-even idle.put new plugs in 'ngk' plugs,i read that injectors operate by using a negatibe pulse which makes them pulse with a lamp tester.my injectors wires light my test lamp through all injectors.does this mean there is no earthing taking place across all my injectors?.thanks for any replies.vincent.

IanL

Post by IanL »

NGK plugs are often a problem with the 206s ignition system. As stated above, use Bosch FR78X.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

A test light doesn’t usually work on injectors. You need Noid lights
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

A test light doesn’t usually work on injectors as the pulse width is so small. You need Noid lights
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.