Hazard Warning Switch Flashing

Electrical 206CC problems
Heny

Hazard Warning Switch Flashing

Post by Heny »

Hi all, new to forum, thought i would begin by posting an issue which has perplexed me for some time?

Why does the hazard warning switch flash when not in use, no hazards exterior on, flashes all the time, no key in ignition and also when vehicle running?

I assumed was to do with alarm / immobiliser but that doesn't explain being on when driving.

Please note, this is the single switch on older 2001 model not the dual switches with lock icon as seen on later vehicles.

Please enlighten me, forgive the pun!

Heny

Re: Hazard Warning Switch Flashing

Post by Heny »

Can anyone help? Really would like to know what flashing means and whether normal to constantly flash?
2001 Y Reg
2.0 Litre
75k + mls

:love-thx:

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Definitely NOT normal.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Heny

Post by Heny »

Thanks gazza82; didn't seem right.

Have checked and there is no alarm on this model and it isn't multiplex, so no BSI reset issue?

I'm thinking something to do with door locking as remote key doesn't light up when pressed and obviously doors only lock/unlock with key. Hopefully someone else has seen this issue before and can help further?

Thanks for reply
2001 Y Reg
2.0 Litre
75k + mls

IanL

Post by IanL »

Just a guess, but I would look for a short between wires in the door harnesses. The weak point is where the harness exits the body and enters the doors.

Heny

Post by Heny »

Good idea, will try that thanks
2001 Y Reg
2.0 Litre
75k + mls

Heny

Post by Heny »

No shorts at door, think maybe something to do with MFD as that is all garbled and from what I can see linked to same fuse. Maybe an earth issue or pinouts on ribbon? AC control panel inoperative now too, possibly related?
2001 Y Reg
2.0 Litre
75k + mls