Engine temp arrow showing wrong

Electrical 206CC problems
Anders

Engine temp arrow showing wrong

Post by Anders »

Hi!
Excuse for my english!

I have a 206 CC 2001 2,0.

One of the problems i have with my car is that engine temp arrow not comming upp to apx 90 C, it goest about 70 and then goes bak to 60 when thermostate has opend.
I have replaced tempsensor twice with same result an i now checked it with odbc-plug an app software and i can see that it goes up to right temp.
Is it my instrument cluster that is broken or is it possible to adjust the tempgauge?

Please help

Regards

Anders
From Sweden

Capncol

Re: Engine temp arrow showing wrong

Post by Capncol »

Are you sure it’s not thermostat? I would change it. It’s not hard to do or expensive
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Sounds like thermostat is stuck open
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Nosam

Post by Nosam »

Did you solve your problem as my gauge is on about 80-85 when car first started then goes to sound 105 when driving only a very short distance maybe two miles but when Bonnet opened there is no heat in compartment?
2.0L S16 5 speed 2001 reg 100 k

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Nosam wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:35 pm Did you solve your problem as my gauge is on about 80-85 when car first started then goes to sound 105 when driving only a very short distance maybe two miles but when Bonnet opened there is no heat in compartment?
Sounds like the temp sender.

Had that on our 1.4. Car kept saying it was overheating but obviously wasn't whenever I stopped ... so swapped the sender out and it was normal again ... until that sender failed too a couple of weeks later! :no:

There are different senders so it's important to get the right one to match your gauges.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Nosam

Post by Nosam »

Thanks fella, happy new year

Nosam

Post by Nosam »

Ok, changed the sensor still reads exactly the same, have also noticed that the fan is not cutting in. Unplugged the coolant sensor and the fan runs slow then speeds up so thos two relays are ok is there one between the coolant sensor on rad stopping it ?