Help needed

Electrical 206CC problems
kostakef

Help needed

Post by kostakef »

Can anyone tell me what that mean??? .it is showing the left behind door open and the right behind door intermittent open and close ...
Also i have a beep beep beep when i turn the ignition
Any ideas????

Thanks in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Just an ordinary mercenary :D
Peugeot 206cc Roland Garros edition
Greece - Crete

GrandadMonkey

Re: Help needed

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Sorry but I have never seen that warning symbol on a 206cc. We had a 2005 206cc allure. Which specific model is it?

I don't understand your terminology either. "left behind door open" If you mean left rear door open then it can't relate to a Peugeot 206cc.
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

IanL

Post by IanL »

It's definitely an electronic defect, because, as said above, the car does not have rear doors, so that alarm should not appear. It may be a corruption of the BSI software, so it would be a good idea to do a BSI reboot.

kostakef

Post by kostakef »

GrandadMonkey wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:30 pm Sorry but I have never seen that warning symbol on a 206cc. We had a 2005 206cc allure. Which specific model is it?

I don't understand your terminology either. "left behind door open" If you mean left rear door open then it can't relate to a Peugeot 206cc.
Good evening
Yes i mean rear doors witch is a little bit crazy as the car did not have rear doors.........
It's a 2004 206cc 1.6 16v. Roland Garros edition
Last edited by kostakef on Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greece - Crete

kostakef

Post by kostakef »

IanL wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:40 pm It's definitely an electronic defect, because, as said above, the car does not have rear doors, so that alarm should not appear. It may be a corruption of the BSI software, so it would be a good idea to do a BSI reboot.
I will try it.
Thanks
Greece - Crete

kostakef

Post by kostakef »

IanL wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:40 pm It's definitely an electronic defect, because, as said above, the car does not have rear doors, so that alarm should not appear. It may be a corruption of the BSI software, so it would be a good idea to do a BSI reboot.
No luck with bsi reset..... The problem still persists
Greece - Crete

IanL

Post by IanL »

I'm pretty much convinced the problem is in the BSI, but changing it is a big deal, so try the reboot a couple of times more, first. Sometimes the first reboot doesn't do the trick.

If still no go, you have a choice. Either replace the BSI with new - big money and a big bill from the dealer to program it, or replace the BSI with one from a scrapped car - you will also need the engine ECU and the keyfobs from the same donor car - that way there is no programming. Of course, the donor car must have the same engine and gearbox as your own.

The alternative is to send the BSI to a qualified and experienced repairer, such as BBA Reman.

kostakef

Post by kostakef »

IanL wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:47 pm I'm pretty much convinced the problem is in the BSI, but changing it is a big deal, so try the reboot a couple of times more, first. Sometimes the first reboot doesn't do the trick.

If still no go, you have a choice. Either replace the BSI with new - big money and a big bill from the dealer to program it, or replace the BSI with one from a scrapped car - you will also need the engine ECU and the keyfobs from the same donor car - that way there is no programming. Of course, the donor car must have the same engine and gearbox as your own.

The alternative is to send the BSI to a qualified and experienced repairer, such as BBA Reman.
Problem fix.... It was the bsi .... I find after search that the previous owner has change the bsi ... The bsi was from a 5d model and they have reprogram it to match ..but with a lot of faults... So we program it again and now all ok
Greece - Crete

IanL

Post by IanL »

Glad to hear you could get it fixed locally :thumbs: