Not starting

Electrical 206CC problems
Pjp

Not starting

Post by Pjp »

Hi I have 2006 206cc 1.6 16v. Problem with the car started as intermittent not starting, engine cranks over but won’t start. Code reader says keys recognised but ECU locked. I suspect a wiring fault but cannot find a wiring diagram showing connections between BSI ECU and engine fuse box. I have a Haynes manual and have brought 2 on line manuals but non contained the details I require. Can anybody assist?

IanL

Re: Not starting

Post by IanL »

You need the Peugeot Service Box. The online version is pay-to-view, but you can get an installable version from emanuals for £10.99.

The wiring information is in the section called the SEDRE.

Pjp

Post by Pjp »

Ian
Thanks for your reply, I have already brought two on line manuals and neither had the correct wiring diagram for my car, but I can try emanuals if you believe they have the correct diagrams.

Pjp

Post by Pjp »

Does anybody have the wiring diagram for the immobiliser circuit for car RPO number 10818. I suspect a broken wire between the engine fuse box BSI or engine ECU, I have brought a pp2000 but after a lot of faffing about still can’t connect to the car! But that’s another story, emanuels are £21 and I’m not convinced it will have the correct wiring diagrams.

IanL

Post by IanL »

I do. The SEDRE is comprehensive as regards all models and variants. It is interactive, in that you have to answer "does it have" questions to get to the right information. The diagrams are also interactive, in that hovering over a box brings up its name, and clicking it takes you to the next level of detail. It shows connector idents., pin numbers and wire numbers (Peugeot does not identify wires by colour). The connector idents refer to their colour by initials (in French). e.g. black is N (noir), green is V (vert).

Pjp

Post by Pjp »

Ian would it be possible to send me a screenshot of the immobiliser wiring diagram?
Thanks Phil

IanL

Post by IanL »

There isn't such a diagram. The engine ECU, BSI and engine compt fusebox are linked by the multiplexing databus. The immobiliser is, I think, a software function. You need to study the overall schematic and the diagrams of the units together to gain some understanding.

The relevant emanual, to which I linked, is £10.99, not £21.

EDIT: 3rd party diagnostic tools (other than very expensive professional ones) have very poor success with Peugeots. Your intermittent problem could be caused by unreliable wireless communication between keyfob and car. This can be caused by the antenna unit which surrounds the key socket or it's wiring. I believe the antenna is a cheap item.

Pjp

Post by Pjp »

Ian thanks for the reply, the transponder is seeing and recognising the I.e beeping when door is open with key in, but scanner is showing engine ECU locked, that’s why I suspect an intermittent wiring fault. I have carried out a continuity test on VAN between engine ECU, abs and engine fuse box which seems to ok, but cannot identify which connector on the BSI too test, all diagrams I have been able to access are not correct for this car!. I’m more than happy to pay for the diagram if it is correct but as stated all manuals which have been sold as genuine Peugeot have not been correct!

IanL

Post by IanL »

This may give you some idea, but there are three possible "control units" you might have. I think these are versions of the engine compt fusebox (BM34 on the diagram). You really need the full SEDRE to sort it out. It is, of course, much clearer in the original.

Pjp

Post by Pjp »

Ian thank you for the diagram I do have one but unfortunately it’s not correct for this car, but I have managed to get a diagram from a local auto electrician who was very helpful. So hopefully today I may be able to resolve the problem.

IanL

Post by IanL »

Well, there are 18 different engines and versions, the three different control units, and other options, all of which have to be selected to get what is appropriate to your car. The RPO number just relates to date of manufacture, so options which are not date-sensitive are not addressed.

I would be interested to know what the problems turns out to be.

Pjp

Post by Pjp »

Well it’s not fully resolved yet but car is now starting, fault is on wire 1229 between engine fuse box and engine ECU, I have spliced in a new wire and engines starts, but need to investigate further as wire starts as red and terminates in ECU in blue so clearly feeds something else even though diagram does show this. I will update when I have fully completed

IanL

Post by IanL »

The SEDRE is adamant that 1229 only goes between fuse box and engine ECU. Peugeot do not seem to care what colour a wire is - there may just be a join within the harness without branching.

Pjp

Post by Pjp »

Ian that’s possible but I now have an airbag alarm on the dash, with a fault code ignition air bag open circuit?. When I get the car back I will trace the wire to either a joint as you say or perhaps a connection to a module. I’ll post my findings.

IanL

Post by IanL »

I believe there is an airbag connector under the driver's seat which can give trouble.