Roof leak on Driver side

Any problems assoicated with leaks
Nemangel

Roof leak on Driver side

Post by Nemangel »

Help Please!!!!! :cry:

My 206CC Allure (2003 - Coupe) is leaking when it rains. The water comes in/drips through the rubber joints underneath the latch on the driver side roof.

Can anyone suggest a way of fixing this please? Instruction given in a sort of "dummy guide to ...." would be great. :D

Or if this needs to be fixed professionally then any idea on the cost please? :hmm:

Thank you in advance for those of you that going to reply and help me with this and hope to hear from you soon. :love-thx: :big-grin:

GrandadMonkey

Re: Roof leak on Driver side

Post by GrandadMonkey »

I used clear silicon grease when this happened. I grease the long seals occasionally too but be careful if you're thinking about stopping the roof halfway as this is inadvisable unless you know exactly what you are doing. You need to be quick and whatever you do don't switch off the ignition. As a precaution I always leave my engine running while operating the roof, that way I don't forget and I don't drain the battery. Read your owners manual otherwise you'll cause the roof mechanism to lose its memory and believe me you don't want that. I open the roof fully myself. As for the seals at the sides, it is not necessary to open the roof for these. I use a small blob of grease to fill any minute gaps.
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

dadhog

Post by dadhog »

Had the same problem didn't like the silicone grease idea, moved the drivers side roof stop 2mm back towards the engine.
Take the 2 screws out of sun visa fixing, remove 1 trim screw, another pair of hands are useful here move post trim slightly over to expose the 3 bolts that secure the roof stop, loosen all three and move a couple of mil, might be a good idea to mark lightly the stop before loosening, to see how far you move it. Worked well for me not a drop since. Good Luck. :thumbs:

IanL

Post by IanL »

This should help Image.