Gearbox oil???????

Any problems assoicated with leaks
Nickynoo76

Gearbox oil???????

Post by Nickynoo76 »

HI , I have a slight rattle at the front end so looked under to see if i could see where its coming from. I noticed a plug type thing about 15mm with a lot of black oil around it... is this the gearbox oil??. Has someone got a picture of the gearbox oil plug please

Capncol

Re: Gearbox oil???????

Post by Capncol »

It's on this very site!!

Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

Nickynoo76

Post by Nickynoo76 »

Thanks. Yes it looks like that. Will I need a new plug or can you just get a washer or something? And how hard is it to top up the gearbox oil as it looks like I've lost a fair bit :)

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Drain plug is a taper fit so maybe not tight enough? If you buy the oil with a flexible spout, it's not too bad. Just fill till it starts to run out of the filler plug. Are you sure it's a gearbox oil leak, as gearbox oil is honey coloured, not black?
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.