leak from drivers side

Any problems assoicated with leaks
rhume

leak from drivers side

Post by rhume »

Hi, I have an annoying leak from the drivers side roof seal at the front. Tried to lubricate the rubbers with silicon grease but this hasn't helped.

The weird thing is that the water does not tend to come through when the car is sat. It is when driving and you brake at which point a spurt of water comes from the joint between the roof and the windscreen pillar. Almost as if the side of the roof is filling up then shooting forward and pouring out. Has me a bit stumped as to where it is getting in and also where it is collecting. Everything looks straight and the rubbers look to have no damage.

Any ideas?
Cheers.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I find myself the owner of 2 silver Peugeots: 206cc Allure and a 4007 (7 seat 4x4)

IanL

Re: leak from drivers side

Post by IanL »

Try tightening the roof clamps?

rhume

Post by rhume »

Thanks will give it a go when it stops raining. (might be in May at this rate).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I find myself the owner of 2 silver Peugeots: 206cc Allure and a 4007 (7 seat 4x4)

rhume

Post by rhume »

Have tightened clamps. now am perversely hoping for rain :D

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

rhume wrote:Have tightened clamps. now am perversely hoping for rain :D
Got a bucket or large saucepan? ;)
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Rubyoptics

Post by Rubyoptics »

Ahhh, our ever-beloved and ever-problematic roof!! i recently sorted out a drivers side window leak. Strangely, its now water tight but the wind noise has increased dramatically! So...Before it was air tight but not water tight...now seemingly it's water tight but not air tight!!!!!
2003 2.0. Dyno'd @ 134BHP. 2.5" full stainless exhaust system, lexus style rear lights, LED sidelights and interiors. Latest mod - Full stainless steel Group N gear linkages.

rhume

Post by rhume »

It would appear that your CC is defying the laws of Physics. I would just settle for water tight.

Off out later with a watering can to simulate the north east of Englands worst weather :)

IanL

Post by IanL »

Rubyoptics wrote:Ahhh, our ever-beloved and ever-problematic roof!! i recently sorted out a drivers side window leak. Strangely, its now water tight but the wind noise has increased dramatically! So...Before it was air tight but not water tight...now seemingly it's water tight but not air tight!!!!!
What could have happened is:

Initially, the window was contacting the roof but not tucking under as it should, so water was able to "stand on the edge" and dribble in.

Now, it is tucking under, but not tight enough against the roof, so there is an air passage. Try bringing it up very slightly.

The other thing to guard against is a front-to-back tilt.

Rubyoptics

Post by Rubyoptics »

Rhume... my roof problem has come back. Any chance you could link to the procedure for tightening the clamps? I've looked at them and see some torx heads but they appear to bolts the clamp to the roof rather than provide any adjustment?
2003 2.0. Dyno'd @ 134BHP. 2.5" full stainless exhaust system, lexus style rear lights, LED sidelights and interiors. Latest mod - Full stainless steel Group N gear linkages.

rhume

Post by rhume »

This is where I took the info from. It was an easy job.

http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16180

IanL

Post by IanL »

This should help

Rubyoptics

Post by Rubyoptics »

Ahh, so it's the ones hidden behind the plastic on the drivers side roof pillar. Any advice for getting off the plastic with no damage or a simple 'follow the instructions' job?

rhume

Post by rhume »

One bolt at the top after removing the visor. The rest is held in place with a clip half way down and the rubber on the pillar.

Found it harder to get back on than off to be honest.