Hello

Are you a new member? Why not pop in and introduce yourself!
drjod

Hello

Post by drjod »

Hi from Powys, Wales. i am the owner of a 2004 206cc with a temperamental roof and noisy clutch. slowly getting my head around it all. :)

GrandadMonkey

Re: Hello

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Welcome to the forum. You don't tell us much about the car or even its mileage but, depending on the use that it has had, the noise could be the clutch release bearing and worn diaphragm fingers. At 17 years old it might well be due a complete new clutch assembly. If you are doing that sort of major work you may want to consider timing belt, tensioner / pulleys, and water pump renewal too. It'll give you the chance to renew the important fluids at the same time. When was the last major service carried out and what work was done?
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

drjod

Post by drjod »

Hi GrandadMonkey,
i rescued the car from a colleague at work, its an allure model in china blue, he was going to scrap it after an unfortunate event where the N/S inner track rod end snapped and propelled him in to a plastic bollard at work, very minor damage, which i offered to repair for him, but it had shattered his confidence in the car, so £140 later and £70 for the recovery truck, it appeared on my yard,
i never in a million years would have thought to buy a 206cc, as i'm a keen mini nut, but i'm actually quite smitten with the little pug and she's now back on the road.
it has only done 55k, and the engine is very similar to the r56mini cooper, sharing the same oil filters (which i buy in bulk), i find there much better engine access than the mini and i'm really enjoying renovating the the pug, i've given the roof a major service, and it now works perfectly, all the under side has been cleaned and rust proofed. the air con is next for a service and then timing belt.
i managed to get an original peugoet 206cc wind deflector this week for £45, and now the mrs has her eye on it!

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Well done with the roof. Good luck with the timing belt, water pump and clutch. Your missus will love it in the summer when you've overhauled it for her!
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)