Just got my personal freedom back

Are you a new member? Why not pop in and introduce yourself!
LongSummers

Just got my personal freedom back

Post by LongSummers »

Hi there, I just got my 206cc two days ago. As a former MR2 I am happy to be back with open air motoring!

One position suits all? :o
I am already thinking about sourcing newer seats. Anyone have tips on seats that adjust the back position as mine don’t seem to. Otherwise, do 207cc seats fit in our 206cc?

Going far on less :neo:
Anyone here hypermiled the car? If so what super high MPG are you getting?

MoT readiness :oops:
Also I want to put performance parts in the engine, any recommendations? I.e. spark plugs leads etc I want to know costs so I might be able to do it before MOT time.

Brighter still :D
I'm going down the LED route for the number plate lights and interior light. Has anyone upgraded the other lights to LED? Either bulbs alone or the whole units?

Future upgrades :scratch:
Anyone have recommendations on suspension and exhaust upgrades that don’t cost the earth? Anyone have recommendations on other things to do to the car to make it nicer overall?

THANKS
:love-thx:
All who wonder are not lost...but if you see me thrice in a day, the chances are that one of us is

LongSummers

Re: Just got my personal freedom back

Post by LongSummers »

Maintain your car for hypermiling. Poorly maintained or out of tune cars are a significant source of pollution. These driving techniques won't work if you don't properly maintain your car, which you should do whether you're hypermiling or not:

Keep your car tuned up. Out of tune cars are more inefficient and produce more pollution. A regular schedule of maintenance for you car is the first step to even having a car you can hypermile with.

Use high performance spark plugs. High performance spark plugs like iridium-tipped "performance" spark plugs create a larger combustion spark which contributes to fuller, more efficient burn in the combustion chamber. This provides slightly more power, better fuel efficiency and lower emissions.

Use the lowest viscosity oil that is recommended by the manufacturer. Using anything lower than what is recommended can be unsafe. If the car is not "taking oil" - burning it or leaking - switch to synthetic oil (and ATF), as those greatly reduce internal powertrain friction, improve mileage and longevity. At the same time, oil changes can be done much less frequently, thus compensating for higher oil cost.

Consider using very lightweight 0W-20 motor oil. Lightweight motor oil reduces the amount of work your engine has to do since it's easier to pump. Using 0W-20 motor oil can help to increase the engine's mileage, but at the expense of potentially reducing engine life.

From wikihow article hypermile
All who wonder are not lost...but if you see me thrice in a day, the chances are that one of us is

gazza82

Re: Just got my personal freedom back

Post by gazza82 »

Bosch Super 4s were great in our 2.0.

207 seats are unlikely to fit as the floor pan and wiring seats were different.

Back position is in rake? You push the side lever back (or forward). Opposite of folding forward to move it.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo