Now then...

Are you a new member? Why not pop in and introduce yourself!
Busmansholiday

Now then...

Post by Busmansholiday »

Good evening from the People's Republic of South Yorkshire. I've joined this forum because my wife fell in love with and bought a 206cc last week and given its age, 2002, joining such a knowledgeable group was the obvious thing to do.

It's not our first Peugeot, but it's something over 26 years since we owned one. I don't care what people say, but that was a 205GTI (1.6), bought new in 1991 and it was utter rubbish!!
Yes that's correct. We bought a 205 Junior new in 1987, traded that up to a new XS in 1989 and to the GTI in 1991. That cost £10.5k then, I couldn't afford the 1.9. After the XS, which was absolutely brilliant I thought that the GTI would be on an even higher level. What a disappointment. Had a fair few trips to the dealers and they concluded that whilst there wasn't anything wrong (even when it arrived on a recovery vehicle), I'd got one that was at the "lower" end of the spec for these.
Sold it and bought a Citroen ZX diesel !!

Hopefully the cc will restore my faith in Peugeot, although on it's first trip out it's thrown the air bag light on after I adjusted the seat.
Happy times ahead.
52 plate 206cc

GrandadMonkey

Re: Now then...

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Welcome to the forum. That'll teach you not to adjust the seat!

We had a 205 GT (5 door equivalent to the XS). Really enjoyable and nippy. My daughter had it after us. No problem with airbag lights on that car.
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

Busmansholiday

Re: Now then...

Post by Busmansholiday »

Thank you. Moved the seat again, moved the cable under it and no lights. Think I'll have to "look" at the connections at some point.
52 plate 206cc