Hello

Are you a new member? Why not pop in and introduce yourself!
Krustie

Hello

Post by Krustie »

Dear All,

Greetings from La Serena Chile. My wife has owned our blue 2005 CC 1.6 16V for 7 years, she was the second owner and we knew the first owner, so know the car's history. It now has 75K km, and for the last few years has been used by our son, with little care and attention. Now we have it back, it needs some work as apart from everything being full of dust in every nook and cranny (it almost never rains here, and it's been on a lot of unsealed roads...) which I have cleaned out, the roof doesn't work, the headlights will flash high beam but won't hold it, the windows interestingly go down when the ignition is turned on, the tip of the ignition key is stuck inside the switch, etc etc.

My experience has been mostly working on older non-computer cars, so this is a bit of a learning curve, although I've just come from fixing the Selespeed on our Alfa GT, so that got my toes wet. For that I used multECUscan, the diagnostic situation for Peugeots seems much more messy with things like Windows XP requirements(!), are there no commercial diagnostic tools that handle the CC roof?

Well, I'll probably have some questions since some of the electrical misbehaving is a bit weird, so look forward to learning from those who have more experience than I.

IanL

Re: Hello

Post by IanL »

The only commercial tools which address Peugeots are very expensive professional tools.

It is perfectly possible to run Peugeot Planet under Win 10 in a Virtual Machine running WinXP. I use VMWare Player, which is free for non-commercial use. You need to buy a Chinese copy of the special interfacing cable usually known as Lexia, although the correct name is Proxia. The cracked Planet Software comes with the hardware. There are Youtube tutorials for installation.

Tips:

When installing Planet, do not plug the Lexia into the PC until prompted, or the drivers will not install correctly, and you will have to delete everything and start again.

Do NOT update the Planet installation online when offered - the Peugeot servers will recognise a cracked system, and the installation will corrupt.

Krustie

Post by Krustie »

Thanks very much for the very useful advice. Yes, I have VMWare on my work Mac, but in the garage I have a Windows 10 machine that will be perfect. Now to find a copy of XP!

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Krustie wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:22 pm Thanks very much for the very useful advice. Yes, I have VMWare on my work Mac, but in the garage I have a Windows 10 machine that will be perfect. Now to find a copy of XP!
I think you can download a CD/DVD image from M$oft's website .. you might still need a licence key though ..
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

IanL

Post by IanL »

gazza82 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:15 pm I think you can download a CD/DVD image from M$oft's website .. you might still need a licence key though ..
You can use any valid WinXP key. Unlike Win10, there is no re-use check, afaik.

Krustie

Post by Krustie »

Thanks! However I found a couple of old disks with Windows XP at work. I even found a Windows 98 disk, maybe these will be collector's items soon.

IanL

Post by IanL »

Yu need XP SP3. If the disks are not XP3, you can download the upgrade packs.

Krustie

Post by Krustie »

Yes that is what I have,