Non starter

All your other probs if any.
Drago310

Non starter

Post by Drago310 »

I started my 206 fine but as I pulled out it cut out. Now when I turn the key the ignition comes on but it will not even turn over. I have tried a jump start, I have connected a diagnostic reader to the OBD but it cannot connect to the ECU. Ignition displaying eco mode. Any ideas please?

Luditus

Re: Non starter

Post by Luditus »

Duff battery, or poor terminal condition. ( I suggest ).

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Drago310 wrote:I started my 206 fine but as I pulled out it cut out. Now when I turn the key the ignition comes on but it will not even turn over. I have tried a jump start, I have connected a diagnostic reader to the OBD but it cannot connect to the ECU. Ignition displaying eco mode. Any ideas please?
Not all obd readers work on a 206 and if they do they don't often give the correct code.

Check the positive battery terminal clamp as it is the quick-release type and gets weak. I once had to wrap silver foil around a colleagues to get it to start.

But check the battery voltage too as suggested ...
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Also a bit more info about car
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

IanL

Post by IanL »

Try the BSI reboot procedure http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/viewtopic ... 23&t=13473 - maybe 3 or four times (it does not always work the first time).

If the car is manual transmission, try a tow start. If that works, you may have a starter problem, or the ignition switch contact for the starter may be the issue.

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Is the timing belt intact?
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)