206 1.6 No Start

All your other probs if any.
IanL

Re: 206 1.6 No Start

Post by IanL »

I assume you swapped the keyfobs when you changed the BSI and engine ECU. Did you ensure that the transponder chip (small black plastic oblong thingy, clipped into inside of keyfob shell) was swapped across with the circuit board? The chip and the circuit board are programmed together (write once) when the fob is programmed to the car.

If you did not, and you have lost it, you will need a completely new keyfob, and it will have to be programmed using Planet and the four digit keycode associated with the DONOR car. Note that there are four different keyfobs which look identical (only the removable sticker distinguishes them) and only the correct one will work!
Last edited by IanL on Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

IanL wrote:I assume you swapped the keyfobs when you changed the BSI and engine ECU. Did you ensure that the transponder chip (small black plastic oblong thingy, clipped into inside of keyfob shell, was swapped across with the circuit board? The chip and the circuit board are programmed together (write once) when the fob is programmed to the car.

If you did not, and you have lost it, you will need a completely new keyfob, and it will have to be programmed using Planet and the four digit keycode associated with the DONOR car. Note that there are four different keyfobs which look identical (only the removable sticker distinguishes them) and only the correct one will work!
Good point Ian. He said he swapped the key and I assumed he meant the whole thing.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

Spitfire6

Post by Spitfire6 »

Peugeot1600rally wrote:
IanL wrote:I believe you can see whether the immobiliser is "immobilising" or not using ms.4/]Peugeot Planet.
found a centre screen piece and connected it up, yes immobiliser fault is coming up and then economy mode
So you have RFID Problem?
Peugeot 206 CC 2L 16V 4cyl 2002. QX 3 5W40 Oil. Lamps 80% LED. 5% HID.
Triumph GT6 CC 2L5 12V 6Cyl 1972. QX 3 5W40 Oil. Lamps 98% LED.
G6SBH.
Siemens Controls & SW Engineer.

Peugeot1600rally

Post by Peugeot1600rally »

IanL wrote:I assume you swapped the keyfobs when you changed the BSI and engine ECU. Did you ensure that the transponder chip (small black plastic oblong thingy, clipped into inside of keyfob shell) was swapped across with the circuit board? The chip and the circuit board are programmed together (write once) when the fob is programmed to the car.

i owe you a pint Ian, you've cracked the case!! switched over the circuit board not realising there was a seperate chip, swapped over the chip there and up she fired

Thanks very much guys for all the help, cant tell you what a relief to have it running

IanL

Post by IanL »

:thumbs:

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Well done Ian
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.

IanL

Post by IanL »

Thanks, but credit to Spitfire 6, who first raised the possibility :clap:

Spitfire6

Post by Spitfire6 »

Cheers.
Stay Safe everybody.
G6SBH.

Peugeot1600rally

Just another question one of you guys might have the answer to, if i remove the honey comb from the inside of the cat converter, will this cause an issue to the car running? and are both of the oxygen sensors required for a perfromance point of view when im not worried about the emisions side of things?

IanL

Post by IanL »

As I understand it, the function of the second sensor is to check whether the cat is working correctly. If it is not, the emissions will be outside the legal limits AND the system will indicate a fault, both of which will cause an MOT failure. If you gut the cat, he exhaust could perhaps be noisier, and it is possible that the gas flow will be affected in such a way as to reduce "scavenging" (exhaust gas flow creating a partial vacuum in the combustion chamber) thus impacting performance.

Spitfire6

Post by Spitfire6 »

Hi,
The two Lambda's monitor the exhaust O2 content before and after the Cat for emission purposes.
Removing the Cat will make the two sensors trip the emission fault lamp. I assume it could be fooled with only one sensor and some electronics, active or passive if lucky.

If I was using an aftermarket ECU or standard with mods & an aftermarket pair of cams I would remove the restrictive cat to push the peak power up the band. it does look restrictive.
On a standard road car, I would leave it well alone. Low-speed torque will suffer due to reduced backpressure.

What is your intent with the car?
Cheers,
Iain.
G6SBH.

Peugeot1600rally

Car is going to be used for sprint rally events, so not worried about mot or dash lights etc. Im going to use all standard ecu etc

only fear i would have if it could affect the performance of the car,

Spitfire6

Post by Spitfire6 »

Hi,
I do not know if a pollution fault indication on the center console alters fuel/ignition, probably not?
Does its illumination trigger an engine fault lamp after some time? Does the illuminated engine fault lamp cause engine preset parameters to change?
Fellow competitors are probably the correct people to ask.
I suspect removing it will have an effect on engine performance with std setup. If I could adjust fueling/timing I would bin it.
I am grateful that you have posted here and will be following with interest. :love-thx: Thanks.

Cheers,
Iain.
G6SBH.

Peugeot1600rally

Ya im thinking on the same lines, removing may cause an issue, i think im going to try removing and worst case if it causes any issue i can fit back another standard one. ill keep updated on the results! Very much appreciate all the help guys

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

If it's a road car, it will fail emissions without a cat.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)