2001cc, later seats

Do you have a suggestion for the site, wish to leave feedback - do it here.
kropka

2001cc, later seats

Post by kropka »

Hi, forum, firstly, thanx for last advice on steering wheel replace, now my problem, i decided that if i replace steering wheel now, do i want the red/black as i have now, i went no, so decided to go full interior, cream, black steering wheel, however, i brought a full interior from a 2006 cc, all fits ok but front seats air bags have diffrent plugs, light is on, no prob but can i buy a wireing convert or do i need the later wireing seat loom and get it changed, many thanks :(

Capncol

Re: 2001cc, later seats

Post by Capncol »

Oh dear. Pity you never told us of your plans first.

There isn't a conversion plug as such. They will need hard wiring and possibly Airbag module reprogramming or module from same car as the seats came from. That's assuming wiring can be sorted. Some seats have side airbags and some don't.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

kropka

Post by kropka »

Thanks again Capncol, i keep going from 2 steps foreward to 3 steps back, if i get wireing from 2005 pug can this be easily cut and joined?, wil it be ok? i am tempted to buy 2 old 2001 seats just to slap in next time M O T is needed but would rather have it done, my cream int, looks so much better than original red/lack and so much more cumfy as now run on 17'' wheels whith 206/40/17 tyres

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

You will probably still need airbag module or reprog if seat airbags are a different configuration.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.