MY ROOF ONLY OPENS HALFWAY HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

All your roof problems here.
CHELSKEL

Post by CHELSKEL »

:( Hi there having a really bad day just wondering if any one has experienced the same as what im going through.

here goes;
Ido all the procedures to put the roof down I.E. curtain closed, latches off etc.
when i press the roof down button the windows come down and everything sounds ok
then the roof stops half way and bleeps. its like the car is telling you that you have let go of the switch (which i have not!)
i try releasing the switch and pressing it again then the roof goes down but at the very end of the procedure
the electrics/hydrolics cut out and the roof just falls into place but the boot stays open.

this car is not under warrenty.

I bought three micro switches from peugeot (NO. 11 ON THE PEUGEOTS DIAGRAM)at the cost of £85 hoping this would solve the problem BUT IT NEVER.

CAN SOME ONE PLEASE OFFER ME ANOTHER SOLUTION TO WHAT MIGHT BE WRONG
IM AT MY WHITTS END

P.S. if i dont fix it my wife will shoot me lol. :firedevil:
Last edited by CHELSKEL on Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

reap

Post by reap »

doh. does the parcel shelf go down during roof half open position? and is the boot locked down on either side when roof up? :)

CHELSKEL

Post by CHELSKEL »

Boot locks down normanly when closing. Not sure what you mean by (does the parcel shelf go down). The parcel shelf would come up and cover the gap once the roof was down properly if it would go down all the way.

thanks for replying so quickly can you suggest something.

reap

Post by reap »

hia i dont mean the actually rear boot catch,i mean the catchs near the rear quarter lights.they unclick to let the boot section rise so that roof can go into boot.
is one side loose or sticking up? tis hard to explain.lol

CHELSKEL

Post by CHELSKEL »

hi again.

When putting the roof down the boot releases the catches and goes up no problem, its just that the roof stops half way. Then you release the roof down button and press it again then the roof will go down fully but at the very end of the procedure just as the roof meets its resting point all power cuts off and the roof just falls in, but the boot stays up so you have to push it down but it will not click into place so you get that beep all the time
its like there are two motors to the procedure but the second one isnt kicking in.
When putting the roof up (thats when the roof is in the boot) there is no power, but putting the roof up from its halfway postistion closes and all locks correctly.

hope this helps and I dont confuse you that much. lol.
thanks
Kelly

ravennn

Re: MY ROOF ONLY OPENS HALFWAY HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by ravennn »

Hi im having similar problems, did you manage to get it fixed? thanks

rachel.butlerfly

Post by rachel.butlerfly »

Im having the very same problem. Its opening half way and stopping. i let go of the switch and press it again. Then the roof continues to go down. However when its almost finished, when the roof is in the boot and the boot lid is still up and parcel shelf is still down thats when it all stops doing anything more. At this point I put it back up manually but the same thing happens again when I attempt the electrical operation to put it down again. Any ideas what I can do to try to resolve this?

rachel.butlerfly

Post by rachel.butlerfly »

'Im having the very same problem. Its opening half way and stopping. i let go of the switch and press it again. Then the roof continues to go down. However when its almost finished, when the roof is in the boot and the boot lid is still up and parcel shelf is still down thats when it all stops doing anything more. At this point I put it back up manually but the same thing happens again when I attempt the electrical operation to put it down again. Any ideas what I can do to try to resolve this?'

Looking closely at the youtube video about the roof operation in detail, my operation is stopping around the 06.20 point in the video where some lever is supposed to be triggered and the computer receives the signal and then the boot closes and the parcel shelf comes up at the same time. I reckon my problem has something to do with the parcel shelf area and not triggering the correct signals at that point to give the roof down signal etc. Any suggestions how I can investigate this and try to correct it? The video is all very nice but its quite fast and techy- i could benefit from some simple clear instructions please. Thank you!

DRAPER

Post by DRAPER »

having same exact problem gets halfway and stops nothing works and the roof slowly collapses itself into boot and boot lids stays up

ideas?

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Is this while opening or closing?
Sounds like Hydraulics due to it
Collapsing slowly
I would start by checking oil level.
Loads of info in the "stickies" at the top of this forum.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

DRAPER

Post by DRAPER »

actually think mine is the switch that control the rear shelf as that sometimes doesnt open or close properly when opening the roof

paulturner1

Post by paulturner1 »

has anybody sorted out this same problem ,lots of questions but no answer to this problem ,any body who,s fixed theirs please let me know ,this problem is driving me crazy paul

DRAPER

Post by DRAPER »

ok need help cause i am scared to have roof open

if possible can some one put some pics up of certain switches so can try press/test them when it gets stuck

when i open the roof it gets stuck with the boot lid up in the air i cant retract it either the button to open the roof does nothing just beeps

the parcel shelf doesnt move and eventually the boot lid just falls down into place but doesnt lock

if i go to the passenger side and try push down and operate the roof button it somes works and the procedures completes

ideas cause at the end of me rag and sunny weather is coming

Thar

Post by Thar »

This video in this post shows the location of the switches http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12920
Image...............

Life's too short to drive around with your top on! :D

DRAPER

Post by DRAPER »

cheers for the video but i aint the brightest of people lol mine gets stuck at 6:26 in the video

i know the vid shows the parts moving but like i said im bit dim lol

can you suggest the name of the switches i should get some one to look at please i know an auto electrician but hes always busy so would help if i could go to him and say check this switch etc