Last steps in closing/resetting the roof manually

All your roof problems here.
Rob.nelson

Re: Last steps in closing/resetting the roof manually

Post by Rob.nelson »

I cannot say thank you enough for this guide worked like a charm. If I could add one thing always make sure you completely loosen the hydraulics before you start and fully tighten them when you are finished I spent all weekend trying different things only to realise an extra slight turn on the hydraulic was what was needed it will be tight but keep turning. Good luck to anyone with this problem :thumbs:

A1Dan75

Re:

Post by A1Dan75 »

dtm wrote: Anyway, I believe the final steps of the procedure is;

1. Set the two white U hooks into the manual position.
2. Pull the blind in boot out and latch to the extended position.
3. Close the boot.
4. Start the car
5. Press the roof switch down (close roof). You will hear a 'click' in the boot as the electronic locks will LOCK.
6. Open the boot
7. Reset the two white U hooks back to the normal position (nearest to the boot lid). Make sure you set those white hooks in properly. The action is PULL OUT, TWIST to new position, PUSH IN to the new position to lock. You may have to wiggle those white hooks a little.
I'd been wondering about this business of how to finish the process without leaving the U hooks in manual, and hence the roof inoperable. I'd come to a similar conclusion as above, but slightly different:

1. Leave the two white U hooks into the normal position.
2. Pull the blind in boot out and latch to the extended position.
3. Close the boot.
4. Start the car
5. Release the two interior roof lock catches
6. Press the roof switch up (open roof) until the boot starts to rise a little.
7. Press the roof switch down (close roof). You will hear a 'click' in the boot as the electronic locks will LOCK. You will then hear the closing complete tone.

Is there any reason not to do it this way?

munjy1

Post by munjy1 »

steve747 wrote:Hi
The pp2k am i right saying i will have to put the car in Peugeot's on a pp2k software to correct the problem?
The hydraulic tap where can i find this and how to close it?
You say press the contacts on the relay would i i have to do this with a electrical screw driver.

Many thanks for your reply's..
Steve747 :thumbs:
Last edited by munjy1 on Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

munjy1

Post by munjy1 »

Slo wrote:A bsi reset wont fix a roof issue as its a separate ecu that controls it, infact it will probably make it worse if its not in the fully closed position during the reset as the ecu will assume its faulty and disable it completely for safety.

You need pp2k for that.

You could try a neat trick I have discovered, if you look inside the pumps rubber housing there are 2 black relays, the left one is for opening, the right one for closing.

After making sure that the hydraulic tap is closed, pop the cover off the right relay and physically press the contact inside and the pump will close all the latches including the boot lid latches, make sure you have the top hooks in place before you try this :!:

If you get beeps after this pp2k is the only option.
I have done this relay trick and my boot lid locked like a charm but after this when i want to open the roof i cant hear any thing except the bong sound when i release the roof latches, so what next in order to make my roof work again?
By the way i had a leakage on my Ram and i replaced it and refill the hydrolic, but as when i had the leakage i was using manual opening roof that gave me a problem my but lid does not lock unless i remove the cables that connects the boot lid locks, then i fixed the leakage when i press roof switch i hear the pump works but nothing is moving i mean the roof did not mve and i fowed all proccedures to lock the boot lid but didnt work so i had to do this pump relay rick that got my boot lid to lock but now the problem nothing work to open the roof and if i do the manual proccedure once i release the presure on the pump using alan key the boot lid lock release it self until i use the relay trick, by the way i am in Zanzibar Islands Tanzania.
My car is 2002 model Peugeot 206cc petrol automatic

nacho

Post by nacho »

Hi Everyboby... need help. 6 mosths ago I did an oil change of the roof system. And went well. Fee days a go it starting working slower until it was necessary to press the roof switch twice or more... until It wouldt do anything. So I put the roof back up manually, founding a small leak which I repaired. Then I put again new oil in the system. But from then, I can hear de pump working but its going nothing. Nor up nor down. It only continuosly beeps... Tryed everything from this part of the forum. Any other idea? Do I have to end inevitably with the PP2K?