parcel shelf toggle missing and cant operate roof manually

All your roof problems here.
bigtez492

parcel shelf toggle missing and cant operate roof manually

Post by bigtez492 »

:mad:
PLEASE help. my roof on my 2003 206cc 2.0 will not raise. i look to raise it maually but there is no toggle to release the parcel shelf. Is there away to lower the shelf and raise the roof. very frustrated. Thnk in in advance

Capncol

Re: parcel shelf toggle missing and cant operate roof manual

Post by Capncol »

Yes if you search at the top of the roof forum for the roof video, it shows what the toggle does so you will be able to see how to release the ram without the string.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

joesulli789

Post by joesulli789 »

Capncol wrote:Yes if you search at the top of the roof forum for the roof video, it shows what the toggle does so you will be able to see how to release the ram without the string.
I have a 2004 model and it says to insert the allen key in the hole next to the toggle but I cant see where it goes in to ,very confusing ,I want to lower the parcel shelf manually,can anyone help thanks

IanL

Post by IanL »

If you look in the hole in the plastic cover, where the toggle used to emerge (before they deleted it), you will see a silver metal part with a groove in the face. I believe you push that part inwards, say with a screwdriver.

joesulli789

Post by joesulli789 »

thanks ,will give it a go,the instructions in the manual are not very clear on what part to insert the long allen key in to thanks.