Roof and Windows not working, fuses all ok

All your roof problems here.
VinPug

Re: Roof and Windows not working, fuses all ok

Post by VinPug »

Update on ECU`s etc.
Had the car hooked up to Peugeot Planet this afternoon, Global Test BSI no faults, Only faults are what I expected, I.e no radio! :-) checked the roof ecu, no faults, Windows, no faults. Has anyone come across this toe of fault before?, it is So strange that it is So dead!
2002 02 plate 206 cc (Bought for my Niece:) (Sold)
407 SW :)
2004 206 cc 2l se (joint toy)
Vincent Rapide (My toy!!)
I have PP2000 and can help others locally:)

IanL

Post by IanL »

If you open the roof clips with the ignition on, do you get a bong?

VinPug

Post by VinPug »

No, no bong.

IanL

Post by IanL »

It's possible one or both of the roof catch microswitches is not working correctly. They are known to stick and respond to a squirt of cleaning fluid.

VinPug

Post by VinPug »

Ah, ok, I'll take a look, cheers :)

VinPug

Post by VinPug »

Well... just checked both pillar micro switches, near side permanently closed circuit, cleaned and now ok :)
But still no bong and all dead still. It's it possible that where some micro switches don't work it can cause the fault where both Windows and roof don't work?
Sorry for all the questions!! If you ever need to know about 405`s 406`s or 407`s :)

IanL

Post by IanL »

Logically, the roof will not open if it think a catch is not opened, but the windows should go down in that state.

But no bong suggests the roof ECU has not got the message that both catches are open and the roof is ready to come down. I'm just wondering if it is in some funny state where the roof appears not to have fully closed. I have read that there are two relays in the boot just above the pump and enclosed in the pump cover. One of them, if operated manually will close the roof irrespective of the state of the interlocks, so I suppose the other will do the same for lowering. I would be tempted to run the engine, so plenty of volts, and operate the close relay, in the hope that it will allow the ECU to believe the cycle is complete.

The relays are shown here.

The other thing - the pump fuse is F9 in the BSI - fuses may look ok but actually have failed - might be worth a re-check?

Slo

Post by Slo »

No don't ever operate the open relay manually as the roof will try to open at the same time as the bootlid and clash, when you press the close relay it works against gravity which it wont have the other way round.

For comparison my roof only makes the bong noise when i open the drivers side latch only, if you have either open the windows wont work on the switch, same as if you have only 1 open the roof wont work either.

If you have both latches open and the windows open with the roof switch its not a latch problem and will be down to one of the microswtches in the boot or dodgy wiring.
2003 03'reg Peugeot 206cc 1997cc Manual

VinPug

Post by VinPug »

That's something I hadn't thought of! I wonder, I'll give the relays a try when I get back home and report back.

IanL

Post by IanL »

In view of Slo's warning, only operate the RHS relay, which is the one for closing the roof.

EDIT - Also re-check F22 in the BSI - essential for the front windows. If that's gone, nothing works.

VinPug

Post by VinPug »

Cheers Slo, what with Ballet lessons (Daughters not mine! and school runs thank goodness I've not tried it yet! neither of the windows operate, so i wonder in view of me finding the N/S pillar switch faulty (now repaired) but the windows still not working if as you say, there is doggy wiring further down. Something to check tonight!
I'll also re-check Fuse 22 in the BSI Ian.
If i were to open the roof manually, could i close it via the R/H/S close relay? My brother in law and i were checking the boot lid last Saturday, opened it via the catches and couldn't get it to shut right, the white tipped catches would not latch correctly. They physically would not move any further :? maybe things are just right out of sync?? One thing is for sure, I'm convinced that it will end up being something Very simple and I'll / we'll be thinking Why on earth didn't we think of that!
Many Thanks once again for all your thoughts!!!

VinPug

Post by VinPug »

I tried the relay trick, had the pillar catches open etc. the pump runs but nothing happens :hmm: so i tried the other relay, again, pump runs but nothing happens. I'm going to try again this Friday (day off :big-grin: )
Is there any merit in putting the roof down manually and then trying the relay trick?. I'll also be going through all the switches again!

IanL

Post by IanL »

In the "Practical Information" section of the manual, at the end of the "Manual Operation of the Roof" section, there is a procedure for closing the roof in the event of the windows malfunctioning. It might be worth trying that to get the system back into sync,

VinPug

Post by VinPug »

Sorry for the delay in getting back. I tried the manual closing, after having opened the roof manually first a few times, still nothing :( with the roof half open i tried the relay trick to see if anything moved under its own steam, still nothing. Is this right?, i would have though that with the pump running actuators would have moved. I'm beginning to think i should just give up :? but that's not my style. Any other idea's anyone?

One more thing, which microswitches are normally open and which are normally closed?. Cheers, Neil

IanL

Post by IanL »

The idea I mentioned in the post two above - did you try it?

If no joy with that, I wonder if the electrically operated valve is behaving correctly. See this video.