Boot lid won't open.

All your roof problems here.
Badu

Boot lid won't open.

Post by Badu »

Hi folks,

I have a 03 reg 206cc, the roof has always been fine since I've had it until yesterday.
I went to raise it back up the boot lid stopped short of shutting, so I manually closed it and went to open it again to make sure it was still working however the car just constantly beeped at me everytime I tried.

I'd read that doing a full manual open/shut could "reset" the roof so I tried that and it didn't do a thing.

I went for a small drive with it beeping continuously, pulled over and turned the ignition off and on and tried the roof again, this time however it chimed after unlocking the two clips inside, the windows went down and the drone noise of the motor kicked in but the boot lid won't open at all.

If I hold the button to put the roof down for say three seconds I have to hold it to shut for the same amount of time before the car chimes to let me know the roof is shut.

Both of the white clips on the boot lid are on auto and I retightened the hydraulics.

Does anyone have any idea what could cause this to happen or anyway to fix it?

Thanks.

Capncol

Re: Boot lid won't open.

Post by Capncol »

Have you checked oil level and leaks?
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.