lazy rear windows

All your roof problems here.
rhume

lazy rear windows

Post by rhume »

As it happens the roof works fine but opening and closing it creates a side issue.

The windows both drop during the roof movement and when I go to close them the rears are a bit haphazard.

The passenger one is the worst. It sometimes stops half way and then the front window starts. It always stops a couple of cm's away from the top of its movement. This can be completed if you help it up by pulling it gently as it is rising.

the drivers side works 7 time out of 10 and will occasional stop half closed.

Is it worthwhile getting the the motors and mechanisms and lubricating them or is this a symptom of something more fundamental.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I find myself the owner of 2 silver Peugeots: 206cc Allure and a 4007 (7 seat 4x4)

IanL

Re: lazy rear windows

Post by IanL »

I have the same problem occasionally with the driver's side rear window. I have to lower it and raise it again - it always works the 2nd time, so I deduce that the problem is excessive friction between glass and seal. I must remember to try some silicone spray on the seal.

A spray down the slot to lubricate the winding mechanism might help as well ;)

rhume

Post by rhume »

Hmm!! Might try rubbing a candle on the inside of the window rubber to help it to move. Took panels off to do boot struts and it was quite easy so might do that again to make sure I don't get spray everywhere..

Cheers
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I find myself the owner of 2 silver Peugeots: 206cc Allure and a 4007 (7 seat 4x4)

andreyu334

Post by andreyu334 »

Hy guys.If the rear windows won't come down,the roof it will open?There are some microswitches that see the position of little windows?
Thank you verry much.

IanL

Post by IanL »

It won't come down. I believe the roof ECU monitors the window motor current, so if the motor doesn't run, the roof will not lower.

rhume

Post by rhume »

I removed rear side panels and used silicon spray to lubricate everything. Now working fine :)