Newbie needs help ref. beeping roof

All your roof problems here.
lovemypeugeot75

Newbie needs help ref. beeping roof

Post by lovemypeugeot75 »

Hi

My 206cc is making that beeping noise when it thinks that the roof hasn't completed it's open/close cycle. I've taken it to an independent garage who plugged in some software but it wasn't Planet2000, so it wouldn't really give any info.

Does anyone have this software near by me (I'm in Ashford, Surry TW15) that would be kind enough to help me please? Or maybe help me check the sensors etc for my roof - I am clueless!!

IanL

Re: Newbie needs help ref. beeping roof

Post by IanL »

One possible cause is the speedo signal not reaching the roof ECU. The usual cause of this is defective speed sensor in the gearbox.

lovemypeugeot75

Hi IanL

Thanks for your message. Would any garage check this for me? Would they be able to replace it? How big a job are we talking? And lastly how much will it cost?

lovemypeugeot75

Just to add, when the roof is up it stops beeping when my car stops moving. When my roof is down it beeps continuously. Does that help much?

Thanks again for helping...

IanL

Post by IanL »

The Roof ECU requires the speed data to remind the driver not to move the roof when the speed is above about 5 mph. If it does not have the data, it beeps, unless the roof is closed. I certainly sounds like that is your problem.

I know of one instance where this occurred, and the speed sensor was changed. The problem was cured. However, the owner said the speedometer had been working ok, which suggests it could have been a data transmission error, which was cleared when the sensor was changed.

So, before going to the Peugeot Dealer, it might be an idea to perform a BSI Reboot, which costs nothing.

To find a nearby Peugeot Owner with Planet 2000, try https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/ma ... -map-7734/.