Cleaning fabric interior - concerns

hints'n'tip plus products.
Rubyoptics

Cleaning fabric interior - concerns

Post by Rubyoptics »

Hey all,

As i said in my initial post, my 206 CC (Lizzie :D ) is my first car and whilst the previous owner did a fantastic job of looking after her, i'm always one to want to try and improve on things! To that end, i have the black/blue fabric interior, which looks great but there are some dark markings on both the door cards which i would like to remove/minimise as much as possible. I have read previous threads which are recommending a good fabric cleaner and a stiff brush, however i'm slightly concerned that this could damage the fabric itself ( leading to threads coming out due to the harshness of a brush). I completely accept that i could be being overly paranoid, but does anyone have any experience cleaning these fabric door cards?!

On a separate note that's related, i will soon be removing both the driver and passenger seats for other reasons and was wondering if removing both the seat covers and shoving them in the washing machine on a cold wash would be viable?

Cheers for any help you can give and Happy new year!
2003 2.0. Dyno'd @ 134BHP. 2.5" full stainless exhaust system, lexus style rear lights, LED sidelights and interiors. Latest mod - Full stainless steel Group N gear linkages.

Capncol

Re: Cleaning fabric interior - concerns

Post by Capncol »

There is stuff over here called "Wizz" I have had good results with it. I am not a valeter, so based on what I have tried.
Be careful of the plugs under the seats when you take them out, and don't switch on the ignition with them disconnected or you will store a fault code.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

Rubyoptics

Post by Rubyoptics »

Thanks for the advice and I'll be sure to keep the connections in mind when the seats do come out. Do you know what function the connections / wiring have? I would normally say for the seatbelt indicator/warning, however mine doesn't seem to have anything like this?
2003 2.0. Dyno'd @ 134BHP. 2.5" full stainless exhaust system, lexus style rear lights, LED sidelights and interiors. Latest mod - Full stainless steel Group N gear linkages.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Part of the SRS / Airbag system
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

Rubyoptics

Post by Rubyoptics »

Ahhh ok. Thanks for letting me know. That's one system I certainly don't want to mess up in any way shape or form!