Wing mirror problem

Hint'n'tips plus products
Tigsley

Post by Tigsley »

Hi all

My passenger side wing mirror broke when trying too hard to push it in but it still works. I have had to hold it
together with masking tape!! I am reluctant to purchase a new one as it all still works. I think a lever inside may have broke rather than the mirror itself.

Has anyone else had this problem??

Globetrotter

Post by Globetrotter »

What car is this on? A hatch or CC? I only ask because I'm trying to work out if this is a manual or electric mirror, as far as Im aware the CC only had electric ones but I may be wrong.

Either is not that expensive and relatively easy to change
2006 Peugeot 206cc 1.6HDi - "Lucy"

Tigsley

Post by Tigsley »

206CC. They are manual wing mirrors.

Globetrotter

Post by Globetrotter »

oh, then I stand corrected :-)

You can get manual mirrors online for around about 25 quid each, or possibly less if you source them from a breakers yard, they're very easy to fit, just three screws I believe.

Tigsley

Post by Tigsley »

Sorry for any confusion......My wing mirrors are not fold back electric mirrors. I have to manually fold them back.

The mirror is electrically adjusted to change postions which is still in working order. It a 206cc 04 reg.

Globetrotter

Post by Globetrotter »

Hmmmm, thing is if the assembly is damaged it doesn't matter if the motor still works you still have to replace the entire assembly.

Still only around 30-35 quid though so might be worth having a look online.

It's still fairly easy to change, 3 screws and a connector.

Fiery Phoenix

Post by Fiery Phoenix »

Happened to my drivers side when I was trying to push it in - far too hard to do it!

I have a black security tag around mind now - bit better than masking tape

The electrics still works though

I have been unable to find any cheap spares on-line - been quoted over £100 for the part

chelsey28x

Post by chelsey28x »

I did excatly the same thing to mine, its hanging on by a thread! it does say in the user manual theyre electrical roofs but mine deffinatley isnt, luckily i have only had the car 2 weeks so the garage i bought it from are fitting a new mirror under the warrenty. i have been told id be looking at around £100 otherwise

Suzzie1976

Post by Suzzie1976 »

I park my car down a narrow alleyway so I always tuck the mirror in thinking that it won't get knocked that way. Unfortunalelty last week when I pushed it in I heard a crack, the plastic holder had broken but the electric tilt still works fine. Mine too is being held together by gaffer tape and masking tape.

h4zel

Post by h4zel »

Seems this is the time for cc mirrors to go crack in the night! I too thought it safer to fold the mirror in during the last lot of snow but the passenger side one just cracked and the inside plastic assembly snapped! Now just held on by the electric connector and need to find a new one.... any ideas where I can get a cheap 2nd hand or new and how I fit it?? I have a silver cc and the external casing is in tact still..... ta!

chelsey28x

Post by chelsey28x »

i had my mirror from euro car parts i found this by far the cheapest it cost me £57 and bought paint from halfords for £6, now i need to find out how to change them

Thar

Post by Thar »

Bit late for you all, but may prevent any further damage, I having been folding mine away when putting it in the garage. After reading these stories I sprayed a bit of WD40 on the mechanism, it moves a lot more freely now.
Image...............

Life's too short to drive around with your top on! :D

janeiegirl

Post by janeiegirl »

some twat hit my drivers side wing mirror with a wheelie bin and it went crack nothing on the outside mirror all fine but now it shacks when i drive, the whole thing moves as it didnt before. have taken it apart cant find anything lose, but something is. very anoying when i drive:firedevil:

any ideas please

jodieg

Post by jodieg »

I have both of mine taped up at the moment and have been quoted £500 for the two with fitting. It seems the 206 cc mirros post 2007 have a different fitting (yes they seem to know there's a problem).

If anyone knows where I can buy two mirrors for a reasonable price, I would be very grateful. Not sure I'll try fitting them myself but at least it will keep the cost down.

tatoodav

Re: Wing mirror problem

Post by tatoodav »

hi can enyone tell me of a cheep place to get a 206cc mirror passangers side with black conecter.my mirrors still on my car its hanging down so taped up.but was thinking on getting the norm 206 mirror and useing the shell a know the part that fits to cars diffrent but its the mirror body to the spring a need