Lowering 206CC on 18s Which type/brand of SUSPENSION works b

Exhausts, Air filters and the like.......
chrisgriffiths2003

Post by chrisgriffiths2003 »

I bought a 206cc a couple of years ago and have fitted 18" wheels to it but am yet to lower the car. The body roll is pretty bad at the moment and the suspesion is frankly terrible. I'm not sure if it's 206s in general, along with my low profile tyres, but if i hit a bump or pothole i certainly feel it, to say the least!

I've bought a pair of Eibach 45mm springs but have subsequently been advised to buy a suspension kit incl springs and struts to get the best results. I am hoping this will improve the current poor ride (and if anything it can't get any worse but will look better).

I'm not sure what brand to buy (Spax, Apex, PI etc) or which ride height to go for. I'm aware with 18s that there's a limit on how low I could go but i was thinking around 40mm because 30-35mm won't lower it enough. Am i wrong? I'm also aware that i'll need to get the torision bar lowered by a garage and am concerned this may be tricky given the car is a 51 plate. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

aaronwillis

Re: Lowering 206CC on 18s Which type/brand of SUSPENSION wor

Post by aaronwillis »

Coilovers is your best bet
That way you can lower as much or as little as you want
BYE BYE 206cc...........HELLO LEON CUPRA R

Ben jp4

Re: Lowering 206CC on 18s Which type/brand of SUSPENSION wor

Post by Ben jp4 »

I was thinking of lowering my 206. The thing that is stopping me , looking on go compare my quote went from about £700 to £1500 with mods declared. The second thing that is stopping me is the rear torsion bar suspension whitch is the devals work. I feel it could end in tears. I think i will just put up with the floppy suspension.