Cat or Lambda sensor?

Exhausts, Air filters and the like.......
gazza82

Re: Cat or Lambda sensor?

Post by gazza82 »

PMd you .. :thumbs:
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

WesFriedel

Post by WesFriedel »

Wont let me reply.....have sent them over to you

Thanks

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

You need to sort leaks first
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Wes sent me the pics and the ends of the two parts look ok. Silencer end was harder to see but probably needs a good wire brushing.

Clamp obviously needs replacing with a smear of exhaust paste on two ends to for seal.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

WesFriedel

Post by WesFriedel »

Tried that this morning and its still leaking from the top of the join. May take the clamp off and smear some more paste around the top of the join.

However the join doesn't seem central and sit properly which I think is the problem. Ive read in some places that some cheaper exhausts don't sit right and cause problems, is this correct?

bertie1

Post by bertie1 »

id love to know if it was sorted ? im sort of having same prob burning alot of petrol 20 quid luck if i get 100 mile ouchy had new back box last year and a new cat have po1700 code coming up as well as trim fuel bank sensor one any ideas guys and girls ??? cheers in advance
my fleet::: 2x peugeot 206cc 2.0 si6 mercedes sl aston martin db9 volante 1937 ford model y hotrod range rover

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Air leak or O2 sensor usually
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

bertie1 wrote:20 quid luck if i get 100 mile
With the price of fuel changing as quickly as it is I have no idea what that is in gallons or litres so can't be sure what you are getting in terms of MPG. The only way to check properly is to fill it to the brim and note the mileage or reset the tip meter, run the car for a few days, then refill (preferably at the same pump!). Work out how much fuel you have used and the mileage between fills ...

And you don't mention the engine size? 1.6 or 2.0?? Manual or auto?? Lots of town driving or cruising up and down motorways ....

The tank on a CC isn't large so you won't get huge miles from a fill-up anyway.

But if you have a air leak, the computer will compensate and probably make the fuel mix far to rich.

I'd get the exhaust fully checked out as even a small hole nowhere near the lamdba sensors can cause problems ... and the new cat? Cheapo or type-approved replacement?? What year is the car too?

(You may have noticed Capncol's footnote in his post in RED!)

bertie1

Post by bertie1 »

no leaks on exhaust its a 2002 2.0 the cat was a peugeot part guess il bite the bullet and change the pre cat sensor are they a pig to get off ?
my fleet::: 2x peugeot 206cc 2.0 si6 mercedes sl aston martin db9 volante 1937 ford model y hotrod range rover

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Not with the right tools they aren't
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

Piyas

Post by Piyas »

What will be the result if the cc is decat? If the catalytic converter is decat or replaced with headers, will the lambda sensors needs to be removed or disabled?
206cc 1.6 16V Petrol
Al4 Transmission

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Will need re prog.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

IIRC it's flared outwards on the rear box (female) and in on the centre pipe (male). If anything like ours, both ends were so badly corroded it was both parts .. ie a complete new exhaust!

You can post pictures on here .. got to Full Editor and use the Upload Attachment option or upload them to Photobucket (or similar) and copy and paste the links to the images in your post!