K&N Induction kit what are your thoughts :)....

Exhausts, Air filters and the like.......
alexbillbridgnorth

K&N Induction kit what are your thoughts :)....

Post by alexbillbridgnorth »

Hey Guys

Seen a K&N INDUCTION KIT 57-0377 for sale fairly cheap on Ebay under £100 and was just wondering what your thoughts were on fitting one to a Peugeot 206cc 1.6 16V Allure? Will this add a nice throaty noise and a bit more power or are they a waste of time?

Also on the internet people are talking about how you don't get as much cold air on an induction kit and can damage the engine is this true?

Thankyou
You can make something idiot proof, but someone will just make a better idiot.

Capncol

Re: K&N Induction kit what are your thoughts :)....

Post by Capncol »

On their own, they are a waste of time. They normally kill your fuel consumption and add little or no power ( some will actually produce less )
You would be better using a k&n element in the std air box.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

alexbillbridgnorth

ok thanks but if I was to get a K&N filter in a standard box it won't make a noise will it :(
This might sound silly but I don't mind fitting it as long as it won't do any damage to my engine. If fitted correctly will it cause any damage? Im basically buying it to make it sound a bit more throatier! :Yes:

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

:facepalm:
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

yorkielassy

Post by yorkielassy »

Don't know the answer to the question ask on 206info I'm sure you will get an opinion on there but remember it's your car at the end of the day. Who cares what anyone else thinks? What about a stainless steel exhaust certainly worked for me!
Ex 206 CC'er.
Loved every minute...well nearly!

Update 18/06/2020 - I'm back!!

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

alexbillbridgnorth wrote:ok thanks but if I was to get a K&N filter in a standard box it won't make a noise will it :(
This might sound silly but I don't mind fitting it as long as it won't do any damage to my engine. If fitted correctly will it cause any damage? Im basically buying it to make it sound a bit more throatier! :Yes:
Each to their own :trumpet:
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

fatboyslim

Post by fatboyslim »

It wont cause any damage,it will give you the induction roar you're after
But there's cheaper alternatives available like this click me
However if you were after an induction kit that works then get a K&N Typhoon kit

alexbillbridgnorth

Thank you for all your help guys I did look into the Halfords universal air filters though apparently there is a lot of problems with people experiencing problems with them as they pull in hot air from the engine so I bought the k and n filter got it cheap though second hand from eBay for 40 quid so wasn't to bad. Plus it has a cold air intake.

Though one problem when I took my oem air filter out you have the standard stock filter box then near the fog light you have another box and when I took this out it sounds as if it has water or some liquid inside as it sloshed around is this normal? Worries me a bit :)

I know its me being a big kid but I do love the roar when I over take a car!!