Drive and Timing belts

Exhausts, Air filters and the like.......
a1i.cu

Drive and Timing belts

Post by a1i.cu »

I have had the car serviced today and been told that these belts are starting to rip. So I'm looking online for new ones. I'm on eurocarparts dot com, and got the car logged into it. Couple of questions for this forum

1 - how easy is it to do the belts myself? Although I'm no expert, I do like to dabble, having taken a cat 3 motorbike back to road worthiness, as well as a ford fiesta.

2 - they say I need to get new idilers and Tensioner, but there's several different looking ones, I'm not sure which one to get !!

Any help would be useful, as I want the car to keep running. Thanks
Silver Peugeot 206 CC 2002.
got July 2014, 19,500 miles on the clock - and the roof works too :)

Capncol

Re: Drive and Timing belts

Post by Capncol »

1/ There is a guide for 1.6 here (don't know if yours is 1.6) http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11459
2/ Gates do a cam belt kit including tensioners guide rollers and waterpump. Your reg number should tie up the correct kit
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

Above The Clouds

Post by Above The Clouds »

have you got the web address of gates ??
55 Plate 206cc 1.6 Metallic Iron Grey.
Was bought for the wife....... But I've kind of fallen for it ......

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Google "Gates belts."
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.