Peugeot 206 CC 1.6 Newbie

Anything related to the 206CC
SteveyB

Peugeot 206 CC 1.6 Newbie

Post by SteveyB »

Hi All thanks for accepting me into the forums. :thumbs:

I have just purchased my first Peugeot, it's a 2007 206CC Allure 1.6 (16V??) MOT until January 2021

I got it cheap (£400) to teach my daughter to drive in.

The car does not start due to a flat battery which I have replaced (following everything that I have read regarding the BCI) I have reset the BCI twice and checked that the keys operate correctly and they do lock and unlock the doors and both keys set the alarm. The guy I got it from said it was running fine until the battery went flat over lock-down. It had a new ECU 2 years ago and I also have the receipts for cam belt, services and the KEY code

The car will still not start.

Things I plan to do:- Oil, Air and fuel filter (if I can find it) Plugs and Coil-pack, check all connections (cam sensor, crank sensor, HEGO, MAF and butterfly ect and treat with contact cleaner spray (again if I can find them) Does anyone have a list of expected resistances for these parts?

Can anyone suggest a cheap, reliable fault code reader that I can use or do I need to go down the PP 2000 route?

I live in Rugby so if anyone already has PP 2000 and wants to come and see if they can find the fault please let me know.

Cheers
Steve

:love-thx:

sirdmark

Re: Peugeot 206 CC 1.6 Newbie

Post by sirdmark »

Hello Steve,
welcome. Does the car beep when you leave the key in the ignition and open the door? If not, you need to reregister the keys with the BCI. But try both keys in the ignition. Sometimes there is luck. Luke
206ccAllure,1.6ltrpetrol,03plate

SteveyB

Post by SteveyB »

Hi sirdmark thanks for your speedy response

No neither key left in the ignition causes a beep when I open the door.

The guy I got the car from did say that he had replaced the key fobs because the rubber had perished on the old ones he also replaced the batteries in them and was issues with a key code which is written in the log book.? I didn't realise that the keys need to be re-registered with the ECU? Why do the keys work the locks but not the ignition and can I do the re-registering or is that a dealer only job?

Thanks again for your help
Steve

IanL

Post by IanL »

Inexpensive code readers do not do well with Peugeots. It has to be either PP2000 or expensive professional tools.

sirdmark

Post by sirdmark »

Hello Steve,
I did it with a locksmith because I still dont have the necesarry paperwork to do it at a dealer. As you are in a more comfortable position you can do it at the dealership. Some don't charge at all, some 30-60£. But you can't move the car I guess. That is a tricky one. There is a list of people on the peugeot forum, all of whom own pp2000. I haven't tried it yet as there is nothing near Lancaster but you might give it a go. Mobile Locksmith can be a port of call. Some have the necesarry software but be aware they aren't cheap and you need to negotiate the price first and tell them exactly, what you want. It is a minefield. Luke

sirdmark

Post by sirdmark »

sorry for not answering all of your questions now. I will try later. Meanwhile google "reregister 206cc keys" and you will get some answers.

IanL

Post by IanL »

SteveyB wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:29 pm .... Why do the keys work the locks but not the ignition and can I do the re-registering or is that a dealer only job?
If the previous owner failed to transfer the immobiliser chips from the old keyfobs to the new, then they will never work, and cannot be made to work by a dealer. They will have to be replaced with brand-new keyfobs, which will have to be programmed to the car with PP2000 or Diagbox, and that will require the keycode from the card supplied with the vehicle. If that has been lost, a dealer will have to supply it - there used to be sources on the internet, but no longer.

If the chips were transferred ( they are not the electronic circuit board in the fob, but a separate small black plastic "lozenge" clipped into the back shell), and you have the keycode, then the car can be reprogrammed to the fobs with PP2000 by anyone with the kit.

SteveyB

Post by SteveyB »

Thanks all for the responses so far

I have just opened up both keys and guess what, no chips! :facepalm:

I have a Key code, but not the old fobs with the chips so this is sounding like it will be a very expensive fix now.

I will need to give my local dealer a ring tomorrow, if the seller does not come up with the chips.

Thanks again everyone who has answered. I'm loving the depth of knowledge and willingness to share help and advice :)

This weekend, I plan to fit the new plugs, fix the Broken breather pipe, fit new coil pack and change the oil, filter and replace the sump plug which is not the correct one (Hex head plug not a 8mm square drive. I also notice that when the roof operates into the up position the drivers window needs help pulling back into position, I am assuming this needs freeing up with some WD40 and a dose of grease so If I can work out how to remove the trim panel, I'll give that a go.

Cheers all have a good weekend. :dance:

Lyndon
Site Admin

Post by Lyndon »

Glad our users have hopefully solved your problem, fingers crossed it doesn't cost you much to sort it :thumbs:
Webmaster and Admin - http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk

SteveyB

Post by SteveyB »

Thanks again admin.

I have found some chips on Ebay which should be suitable, they have come back with "ID46 chips for Peugeot 206." (No mention of 206CC or Allure though?)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Virgin-I ... SwAPVZDhOZ

Are these the correct chips? they seem reasonable at £4.45 I get the feeling that the exact same chips will cost me 25 times that from Peugeot but if they will also programme them for the price too it will be more than worth it.

Cheers
Steve

IanL

Post by IanL »

(EDITED) I don't know whether new chips can be programmed with the original board in the same car, but it may work. I do know you can't do it in another car, so used keyfobs sometimes offered on EBay are useless. Peugeot do not sell the transponder chips separately - only complete keyfobs.

It sounds like your window may need mechanical adjustment. The procedure is, I think, in the Repair Guide.

sirdmark

Post by sirdmark »

Hello Steve,
step back, take a deep breath, I would say. What we know is, the car was running in January because it had MOT. Your keys match the locks, cause they open the doors. When was the BCI changed? After the MOT was done? Then you have a problem which only a Peugeot dealer can solve or someone who has pp2000 with all the bells and whistles if you can't get the old one back. Before the MOT was done, then a Dealer can just reregister the keys or someone with pp2000 as you have the right code card. The electronic is not the remote part with a circuit board, that yiou need. You need the transponder for the immobilizer, which is a tiny black thing at the bottom of the keyfob. I hope you didn't throw it away ;-)).

SteveyB

Post by SteveyB »

Hi all

Yes the old transponders were thrown away :facepalm: I have been in touch with an auto locksmith who have quoted £75 + VAT plus another £25 + VAT if he needs to get another key code from Peugeot I am told that the last owner did this and it is the number written in the book "PWS5." The locksmith said that looked right.

My only worry is that he can mess about for an hour and tell me he has done it all and the car may still not start. I assume he can at least give me some sort of print off from the system to confirm the code is correct and the transponders are programmed.

On a more positive note I did the full service Plugs, Coilpack, Oil and filter, New battery everything went in OK and I did a bodge job on the broken breather pipe Photos to follow.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

Cheers
Steve
Last edited by SteveyB on Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

SteveyB

Post by SteveyB »

Hi guys

SHE RUNS!!! :hyper: :excite:

Auto electrician have fitted and programmed the 2 key chips and now the car starts and drives. :dance:

The only problem is that he can not manage to re-programme the remote fobs which were both working before he started. I have tried following the advice on these pages and they will not work? He has gone away very annoyed and can not fathom why thy wont "accept a slot in the BSI" I didn't see him reset the BSI while he was here and I'm not going to try it in case I knacker the keys while he is away. He hasn't charged me a penny yet and won't unless he can fix the fobs. He has been onto his mates at the shop and nothing has worked, I even disconnected and reconnected the battery again for him (using the procedure!) All doors lock using the key but the fobs appear dead.

Any ides?

Cheers
Steve

Lyndon
Site Admin

Post by Lyndon »

Great news, at least she's almost there :thumbs:
Webmaster and Admin - http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk