Peugeot 206 CC 1.6 Newbie

Anything related to the 206CC
IanL

Re: Peugeot 206 CC 1.6 Newbie

Post by IanL »

Might be worth trying this from the Owners Handbook (Button A is the large button):

Programming the remote control
1 Switch off the ignition.
2 Switch the ignition on again.
3 Press button A immediately for a
few seconds.
4 Switch off the ignition and remove
the remote control key from the
ignition lock. The remote control
is now working again.

sirdmark

Post by sirdmark »

Hi Steve.
the old remote fobs should still work as they are not directly connected to the transponder chips. Are they not? You just swap the electronic from the old fobs into your new ones and you are done. Only the circuit boards. And you should be done. Luke
206ccAllure,1.6ltrpetrol,03plate

SteveyB

Post by SteveyB »

Hi Sirdmark

The fobs both worked before the locksmith fitted the chips into them. He fitted brand new chips and programmed them to the car key code. Both keys now start the car and lock all the doors. He can not get the car to recognise the key-fobs remote though, he says there are "slots" in the BSI for the fobs, but they will not go in for some reason? I have left him to go away and find a solution, I am happy as the car starts and runs and I can get on with preparing it for the MOT (Tyres coming on Friday and I'm doing the brake pads, wiper blades and number plate lamp when the rain stops. I have gone through all the different processes to realighn the fobs but nothing works. The MOT has been extended until January (COVID-19 rules) so no mad rush, but I want to take it out for a run to see what it can do, so I need some confidence in the running gear etc.

Cheers
Steve

SteveyB

Post by SteveyB »

Hi all

Update on my 206 CC project. I have fitted 2 new boot struts as the original ones were weak and struggled to lift the boot lid, while I was inside the side panels I have replaced the seat belts (the rear ones were slow to retract and the drivers belt had something growing on it. :ill: :ill: )I greased the window and roof gear with copperslip. I have pulled a nasty dent out of the boot lip and rubbed out a couple of scuffs on the front and rear bumpers as best I can, they are prepped for painting just waiting for a nice day with no wind. ;) Wipers have been replaced and I have ordered a new set of drilled brake disks and pads. Next big job after the brakes will be the exhaust, it is blowing in the center box and I am toying with the idea of fitting a stainless system but these are a little pricey £275. I have bought an Autel AL539B to read and clear codes and it works great, but I still cant get the car to recognise the remote fobs (both batteries have been replaced and I have performed 3off separate BSI resets and key fob realignment exercises.)

Looking forward to finally driving it about, hopefully before the weather turns to winter.

Have a good weekend everyone

Cheers
Steve

IanL

Post by IanL »

If you intend to keep the car for quite a long time, the SS exhaust is an investment. I installed a SS system on a Grand Vitara, and it was still fine after 16 years, when i sold it.

SteveyB

Post by SteveyB »

Hi all

Peugeot is running with new disks and pads and a new exhaust (went for the cheap after-market one in the end) new Serpentine belt and all taxed insured and MOT'd til January thanks to the COVID extension. I'm just back from the first run out with the roof down and Im quite please with it. I will use it as a daily drive for a few weeks to bed the pads to the disks then off to the coast for a couple of days. Still looking for a clamp segment for the Peugeot rack but I have my feelers out. I will sort some photos at the weekend.
Cheers
Steve

sirdmark

Post by sirdmark »

hello Steve,

good to see you getting on as well. I went through the same here, brakes, discs, keys. Next on the list are the bushings. But that is not urgent, will become though ;-).
I bought the diagnostic thing Newest Lexia3 with 921815C Fir... so I can manage the keys and my airbag warning light which turns on very infrequently. Also an 2GB/32GB 7" android screen device for the radio slot to keep the boys happy and me on the road ( includes navigation ). Once I have received the stuff I will make myself heard with everything I need to know about getting it up and running. I hope you have as much fun with the car as I do. Luke
206ccAllure,1.6ltrpetrol,03plate

SteveyB

Post by SteveyB »

[quote=sirdmark post_id=136317 time=1600353353 user_id=21141]
Hi Sirdmark

"Also an 2GB/32GB 7" android screen device for the radio slot to keep the boys happy and me on the road ( includes navigation )"

I have my eyes on a 5 disk changer unit for mine on Ebay looking around £35, Im quite impressed with the sound system, no DAB for the radio but everything else works fine and the loudness button works.

Cheers
Steve