Drive shaft removal - help

All your other probs if any.
mikemclaren

Drive shaft removal - help

Post by mikemclaren »

Hi
I’m trying to replace the rhs drive shaft on my 2006 pug 206 1.6 diesel.
I’ve done the donkey work and thought the last bit would be plain sailing. Hub nut removed, wishbone dropped and bottom ball joint free, 2 centre bearing retainers released so now pull the drive shaft out. I’ve pulled and pushed. The splined end has come off the hub followed by the centre part of the drive shaft. The last bit is still sat in the gearbox, the centre bearing is still in place and there is a cup which is part of the inner cv joint still on the last bit of the shaft. Plan is to drill this and get a slide hammer to help it out. Should it be this difficult? Is there anything that needs to be released at the gearbox end? Stuff on YouTube shows the shaft simply sliding out. My driveshaft is simply sliding nowhere. Appreciate any words of wisdom from anyone with driveshaft experience. Best wishes to all.

Capncol

Re: Drive shaft removal - help

Post by Capncol »

Pry it out with a pry bar. There is a spring clip that holds it. You need to overcome it (hope you've drained the gearbox or it will get messy)
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.